• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
April Banter Thread

metalicwx366

Twc overexaggerates these severe weather events. A week of deadly weather? There was only one death from a tornado.

They all do.  It is the new dejour.  Fearmongering weather.  There is no modulation.  Every weak squall line with a few embedded hail producing thunderstorms is a deadly outbreak.  They are producing a nation of quavering pantywaists, where every child will fear the weather, and cry at the sound of thunder, instead of thrill.  It is a terrible precedent , and  all in the name of making money. Breaking into the program with breathless reports of quarter sized hail 100 miles away.  I've lived with spring weather for over 60 years and I'm sure they are not saving any more people from the quarter sized hail, than they did 50 years ago, when no one knew there was quarter sized hail within a thousand miles, or a possible rotation in that cloud that tore off  part of grandmaw's shed roof.  Some modulation please!!!  Stop making money scaring the crap out of people.   A Zenia outbreak does not occur every spring, much as they'd like it to.  Not every death is preventable, no matter how you cower the public.  There is such a thing as personal responsibility, and when the wind begins to howl, and the sky turns green, the power is likely out, and a siren will do much more good that the tv, for those too ignorant to look outside.  We live in the south.  Storms happen.  Nut up!!!  T

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They all do. It is the new dejour. Fearmongering weather. There is no modulation. Every weak squall line with a few embedded hail producing thunderstorms is a deadly outbreak. They are producing a nation of quavering pantywaists, where every child will fear the weather, and cry at the sound of thunder, instead of thrill. It is a terrible precedent , and all in the name of making money. Breaking into the program with breathless reports of quarter sized hail 100 miles away. I've lived with spring weather for over 60 years and I'm sure they are not saving any more people from the quarter sized hail, than they did 50 years ago, when no one knew there was quarter sized hail within a thousand miles, or a possible rotation in that cloud that tore off part of grandmaw's shed roof. Some modulation please!!! Stop making money scaring the crap out of people. A Zenia outbreak does not occur every spring, much as they'd like it to. Not every death is preventable, no matter how you cower the public. There is such a thing as personal responsibility, and when the wind begins to howl, and the sky turns green, the power is likely out, and a siren will do much more good that the tv, for those too ignorant to look outside. We live in the south. Storms happen. Nut up!!! T

Drops mic, walks out. :clap:

They all do. It is the new dejour. Fearmongering weather. There is no modulation. Every weak squall line with a few embedded hail producing thunderstorms is a deadly outbreak. They are producing a nation of quavering pantywaists, where every child will fear the weather, and cry at the sound of thunder, instead of thrill. It is a terrible precedent , and all in the name of making money. Breaking into the program with breathless reports of quarter sized hail 100 miles away. I've lived with spring weather for over 60 years and I'm sure they are not saving any more people from the quarter sized hail, than they did 50 years ago, when no one knew there was quarter sized hail within a thousand miles, or a possible rotation in that cloud that tore off part of grandmaw's shed roof. Some modulation please!!! Stop making money scaring the crap out of people. A Zenia outbreak does not occur every spring, much as they'd like it to. Not every death is preventable, no matter how you cower the public. There is such a thing as personal responsibility, and when the wind begins to howl, and the sky turns green, the power is likely out, and a siren will do much more good that the tv, for those too ignorant to look outside. We live in the south. Storms happen. Nut up!!! T

Omg nicely said. Agree with every bit of this.

They all do.  It is the new dejour.  Fearmongering weather.  There is no modulation.  Every weak squall line with a few embedded hail producing thunderstorms is a deadly outbreak.  They are producing a nation of quavering pantywaists, where every child will fear the weather, and cry at the sound of thunder, instead of thrill.  It is a terrible precedent , and  all in the name of making money. Breaking into the program with breathless reports of quarter sized hail 100 miles away.  I've lived with spring weather for over 60 years and I'm sure they are not saving any more people from the quarter sized hail, than they did 50 years ago, when no one knew there was quarter sized hail within a thousand miles, or a possible rotation in that cloud that tore off  part of grandmaw's shed roof.  Some modulation please!!!  Stop making money scaring the crap out of people.   A Zenia outbreak does not occur every spring, much as they'd like it to.  Not every death is preventable, no matter how you cower the public.  There is such a thing as personal responsibility, and when the wind begins to howl, and the sky turns green, the power is likely out, and a siren will do much more good that the tv, for those too ignorant to look outside.  We live in the south.  Storms happen.  Nut up!!!  T

It's not just weather.  Look at our toys back in the day.  I'll bet you won't find labels or instructions like this on any toy these days.

I wonder if little Eric Rudolph had one of these.

i-ks2H9rt-L.jpg

Save that coupon kids, to claim your radioactive isotope replacements when your original reaches its half life.

i-hGMz3Ht-L.jpg

Those are two examples of why you young guys better not mess with grandpa.  He grew up tougher.   :)

Oh, and there is also this.

i-ZFHBTXf-L.png

We are in a tornado watch until 10:00. They are acting like it's an emergency or something lol. It's on all the tv channels. So much hype for a watch that is not even really for our area. Our county is weirdly shaped lol that why we are included and we have the biggest county in GA. The watch is mainly for the rural areas.

From GSP this evening, regarding metalicwx's question above:

AS OF 730 PM EDT SUNDAY...A WELL DEFINED WAKE LOW HAS DEVELOPED
OVER SOUTHWEST GEORGIA.
THIS FEATURE APPEARS TO BE DISRUPTING
MOISTURE TRANSPORT INTO THE REGION...RESULTING IN LESS PCPN THAN
EXPECTED.
THE SOUTHEAST FLOW WILL STILL CONTINUE TO STRENGTHEN OVER
THE NEXT SEVERAL HOURS...AND THIS SHOULD RESULT IN SOME SHOWER
DEVELOPMENT OVER THE IN SITU COLD AIR DAMMING THAT HAS STARTED TO
DEVELOP. STILL...I CUT BACK POPS A LITTLE EARLY ON. AS FOR THAT WAKE
LOW...IT SHOULD MOVE NORTHEAST...BUT IS EXPECTED TO STAY TO THE
SOUTH OF THE FORECAST AREA. IF THE FEATURE IS ACTUALLY MORE OF A
HYBRID BETWEEN A WAKE LOW AND GRAVITY WAVE...THEN WE WOULD HAVE A
LITTLE MORE TO WORRY ABOUT FROM A WIND STANDPOINT. I DON/T EVEN KNOW
IF SUCH A THING EXISTS. I/LL ASSUME NOT AND THAT THE WINDS WILL NOT
INCREASE INTO THE ADVISORY CATEGORY OVERNIGHT...BUT IT WILL BE
SOMETHING TO WATCH.

"I don't have a clue what we're looking at here, guys!"  :unsure::lol:

Actually, honest admission when someone doesn't know the answer is quite refreshing.  I admire the willingness to put that in print.

From GSP this evening, regarding metalicwx's question above:

"I don't have a clue what we're looking at here, guys!"  :unsure::lol:

Actually, honest admission when someone doesn't know the answer is quite refreshing.  I admire the willingness to put that in print.

Very interesting indeed. I have never seen anything like that.

That wake low or gravity wave was ****ing amazing. Strongest winds I have seen in a while. Near the end of the storm, the winds shifted direction and came back the other way. It's like we are in a hurricanes eye with clear skies and clouds surrounding the entire sky.

Still windy out.

It's not just weather.  Look at our toys back in the day.  I'll bet you won't find labels or instructions like this on any toy these days.

I wonder if little Eric Rudolph had one of these.

i-ks2H9rt-L.jpg

Save that coupon kids, to claim your radioactive isotope replacements when your original reaches its half life.

i-hGMz3Ht-L.jpg

Those are two examples of why you young guys better not mess with grandpa.  He grew up tougher.   :)

Lol!  In a vain, but on going attempt to one up you, Mr. Burns.  I see your Atomic energy bag 'O Broken glass, and give you weight control the old fashioned way :)sanitizedtapeworms.jpg

Lol!  In a vain, but on going attempt to one up you, Mr. Burns.  I see your Atomic energy bag 'O Broken glass, and give you weight control the old fashioned way :)sanitizedtapeworms.jpg

Good attempt, but......  I think mine being sold for children trumps your admittedly excellent example.  lol  

Archived