joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late March snow blitz! Part II March 24-25th

cyclone77

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things seem to be winding down here although officially the NWS still calling for another 1-3 I'm not seeing it.  What I scooped about two hours ago has not really filled back in even though we still have some light very wet snow flying.  Looks like we may be just shy of 10 inches.  The wind is gusting a bit more now though and with all the trees completely covered and weighted down I'm still concerned about power outages.   

It's drifting like a mutha...some bare grass, some spots 9" deep. Board is not going to work, so the best average measurement (of several measurements in the yard) I have is around 5.0" right now.

EDIT: adding the inch I measured from this morning...the 6" drought is officially over at KTIM.

Some of the higher totals so far in the ILX CWA.

0645 PM     HEAVY SNOW       ASHLAND                 39.89N 90.01W03/24/2013  M12.0 INCH       CASS               IL   MESONET

0645 PM     HEAVY SNOW       1 SW WOODSON            39.62N 90.24W03/24/2013  M14.0 INCH       MORGAN             IL   MESONET

0645 PM     HEAVY SNOW       2 S PHILADELPHIA        39.89N 90.12W03/24/2013  M14.0 INCH       CASS               IL   MESONET

0715 PM     HEAVY SNOW       TAYLORVILLE             39.52N 89.26W03/24/2013  M12.8 INCH       CHRISTIAN          IL   MESONET

Congrats to all who are getting hammered. It's just getting going good here. Listening to the cops on my police radio complaining about visibility.

BTW, a quote from Alek from page 2 in the first thread. "Wagons south each run now.  Liking my early couple inches of slop for the OH valley call.  Enjoy guys!"

Bust!  I just had to bust your chops on that call. You've actually had a pretty good year with your predictions. The Euro let you down this time.

This and the Feb. 21 storm saved what was going to be a pretty terrible winter. This should put us at around 27" on the season, pretty good considering we ended January with about 4".

If STL can hit 28.4" they will crack into their top 20 snowiest winters list. They did pretty bad during the snowblitz years much of the rest of the midwest saw recently, so they are certainly due. The first time I can recall being jealous of STL,

Archived