• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late March snow blitz! Part II March 24-25th

cyclone77

6.2" at IND through midnight. Good for a daily record for the 24th. 11.5" now for March...which is the snowiest March since 1996. Season total up to 31.5".

1200 AM     SNOW             INDIANAPOLIS INT`L AIRP 39.72N  86.29W03/25/2013  M6.2 INCH        MARION             IN   NWS OFFICE

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.2" at IND through midnight. Good for a daily record for the 24th. 11.5" now for March...which is the snowiest March since 1996. Season total up to 31.5".

1200 AM     SNOW             INDIANAPOLIS INT`L AIRP 39.72N  86.29W
03/25/2013  M6.2 INCH        MARION             IN   NWS OFFICE

I'm sure I could find it with some digging but do you happen to know what's the latest 6" storm on record for Indy?

I'm sure I could find it with some digging but do you happen to know what's the latest 6" storm on record for Indy?

I'm not 100% sure. What I do know, is this is latest date in recorded history with a daily snowfall amount of 6"+. Should also be the record for the latest snow depth of 6"+ as well, for today at 7:00am.

Typical.

Nothing beats the T total for V Day at LAF.

That was a travesty.

Regarding IND's latest 6" storm, most of the daily records for April are pretty low...the main exception being April 9, 1897 when 5.0" fell. We could probably eliminate April if we knew what, if anything, fell on the dates surrounding April 9, 1897.

That was a travesty.

Regarding IND's latest 6" storm, most of the daily records for April are pretty low...the main exception being April 9, 1897 when 5.0" fell. We could probably eliminate April if we knew what, if anything, fell on the dates surrounding April 9, 1897.

That's the one that I question. Because, if we can eliminate that one not getting to 6"...I think this storm is the winner.

Danville:
 1: 8.5" 3/3/1988 2: 7.0" 3/20/1983 3: 6.7" 3/20/1996 4: 6.0" 3/1/1952 5: 5.0" 3/2/1953
Decatur:
 1: 13.5" 3/19/1906 2: 10.0" 3/11/1906 3: 8.5" 3/25/1930 4: 7.0" 3/ 3/1988, 3/ 4/1965
Springfield:
 1: 9.2" 3/19/1906 2: 8.2" 3/7/1978 3: 7.5" 3/11/1906 4: 7.3" 3/1/1953 5: 6.3" 3/8/1999

March daily snowfall records broken for Danville/Decatur/Springfield

Snowing very heavily in NW Ohio right now. Looking at the radar we might be in for more than we thought

How much you got there TJ? We're sitting near an inch or so in BG I'd guess... probably closer to 2" down in Findlay. Looking like 2-4" around Route 6 with 3-7" down by Findlay/Lima

Yes the ground is completely covered here right now. I would say an inch

Yeah we haven't completely covered the ground just yet. Close but the heaviest band has been just south of BG

Looks like some very heavy bands off to our south as well. I definitely think 3-4" is possible here just south of Toledo

Will be interesting to see where the band pivots. It's been sitting over the North Baltimore area for a couple areas now. Back towards Lima they already had 3-4" an hour or two ago. NWS has 2-6" for BG and 4-8" by Findlay fyi

Just went out and measured 7.6" new snowfall here, best guess measurement (average of several, very drifted over out there). Brings the storm total to 8.6" in my hood.

8.1" on the hood of my truck, and that's after the morning stuff melted away. Your report is right on the spot!  :snowing:

Less variability this time, grass measurements at 1:45 am averaged out to 2.3".  Of course there's still one spot with dirt showing too.

You can tell the more recent snow is higher ratio stuff, it's like individual flakes resting on top of a thicker layer.  Still snowing though, but I'm headed to bed.

Even though the storm was a snyoptic bust up here, central Porter County kinda lucked out on the mesoscale end of things.  You can see the band pivoting over us right now on KLOT, as areas east and west dry out but we remain with snow.

Edit: With winds from 10 degrees last hour, that "band" may actually be a bit of lake-enhancement.

9 inches on my board this morning at 8am, still snowing light to moderate.

Just about 9" here also, so ready for some spring weather though..

You guys suck. I got dry slotted for about two hours last night, I'm sure that cut my total back quite a bit. Seemed to be a hole right over Anderson.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Archived