joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late March snow blitz! March 24-25th

cyclone77

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 E-CNTRL MO INTO CNTRL IL:   HEAVY SNOW IS ONGOING...IMPACTING AREAS AROUND ST. LOUIS...WITH   SEVERAL REPORTS OF THUNDERSNOW. BANDS OF HEAVY SNOW WILL LIKELY   CONTINUE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON AS AN ENE/WSW-ORIENTED DEFORMATION   ZONE N/NW OF THE DEEPER CYCLONE CONTINUES TO OFFER FRONTOGENETIC   ASCENT AMIDST A SUFFICIENT SUPPLY OF DEEPER MOISTURE EMANATING FROM   THE WARM CONVEYOR STRUCTURE.

From SPC meso discussion....rates of 1-2" per hour expected

Looks like last night's 00z NAM was a blip.

Final call for LAF: 8-11"

I hope you're right. IWX bought the NAM, especially after getting burned on the last storm. They cut back amounts and their graphic has me in the 3" - 5" range. Extrapolating the map would put Tippecanoe County on the northern edge of 5" - 7".

I hope you're right. IWX bought the NAM, especially after getting burned on the last storm. They cut back amounts and their graphic has me in the 3" - 5" range. Extrapolating the map would put Tippecanoe County on the northern edge of 5" - 7".

Good luck there. Cutoff should be pretty sharp. I think the highest chance for double digit amounts could be just to the south of LAF but a minor northward drift would put the heart of the heaviest band right overhead.

I see *IndyMeso* lurking. She's in a sweet spot.

Haha I am. Debated on whether to stay at home in Noblesville or head down to Indy. Seeing I work for the State EMA I opted to head to Indy just in case we activated. Right now just the waiting game but anything left from this morning is hard to find.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ST LOUIS MO  1246 PM CDT SUN MAR 24 2013      .TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON      .DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    1245 PM     HEAVY SNOW       4 N ELSAH               39.01N  90.35W  03/24/2013  M5.0 INCH        JERSEY             IL   TRAINED SPOTTER                 EXPERIENCING THUNDERSNOW. ALSO NUMEROUS POWER OUTAGES               ACROSS JERSEY COUNTY  

Btw, snowing heavily in Cedar Rapids.  Might pick up an extra inch or two before the snow is done.

Haha I am. Debated on whether to stay at home in Noblesville or head down to Indy. Seeing I work for the State EMA I opted to head to Indy just in case we activated. Right now just the waiting game but anything left from this morning is hard to find.

It's a good thing that it's going to be a wet snow. With the winds speeds predicted this evening, 10" would be ugly and you'd be activated. Good luck and enjoy the storm.

BTW, St. Louis is getting blasted. Several 7-8" reports from the northwest side and still snowing heavily. A true STL-IND special.

Archived