• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late March snow blitz! March 24-25th

cyclone77

This might be comparable to 3/25-26/2002 but neither of us were here then. Noticed that St. Louis list you posted earlier in the thread...seems like their late season snow climo is better than ours.

lol, yeah. STL crushes us in March snow climatology. 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosedale, IN 7-13 inches

This Afternoon
Snow. High near 35. Northeast wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow. Low around 28. North wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=ind&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=92&map.y=132

This might be comparable to 3/25-26/2002 but neither of us were here then. Noticed that St. Louis list you posted earlier in the thread...seems like their late season snow climo is better than ours.

That storm was absolutely insane for cutoff here.

I picked up 8.0" imby. There was a report of 12" in Dundee (Monroe county). However...at DTW, only 4.7" fell...at Dearborn only 1.1" fell...at Ann Arbor only 0.2" fell and at Pontiac not a flake fell.

It was the greatest cutoff I have ever seen.

Feels to warm to snow......maybe it is just my blood pressure after more Buckeye theatrics at the Tournament...........

Heavy banding just to the ssw of LAF.

Yep, the smackdown is soon to begin for the LAF crew.  Speaking of buckeyes, it looks like CMH may have gotten in on a little of the lead action.

Feels to warm to snow......maybe it is just my blood pressure after more Buckeye theatrics at the Tournament...........

Heavy banding just to the ssw of LAF.

Great game. Go Big Ten!

Illini will have to bring something special tonight against Miami. 

I was being sarcastic, although it's putting the good stuff over us in the 6-12 hour period which I put a little more stock in than the period beyond 12 hours. We're going to do very well even if the heaviest totals end up south.

I know you were being sarcastic. I just like taking my shots at the RAP, HRRR, etc. :D

Updated zone for LAF

TONIGHT

SNOW. SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING. SNOW LIKELY EARLY IN THE MORNING. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 7 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION 7 TO 9 INCHES. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS AROUND 20 MPH.

Up to 1.2" here, but the snow is beginning to let up. Melting is already evident so I doubt I can add anything before this first wave ends. Considering it didn't start sticking until a bit past 2pm, 1.2" in about two hours isn't bad for this far south in late March during the afternoon.

If snow can stick around on the ground until later this evening when the next wave moves in from the west can see a quick burst of nice accumulations...the forecast temp profiles for tonight as the precip moves through are similar to this afternoon so will expect mostly snow. RLX has upped my advisory to 3-5", and am thinking with 1.2" all the way down the low end of my 2-4" guess should have no problem verifying. Best will be probably 20 miles or so to my north where they won't dry slot.

Updated zone for LAF

TONIGHT

SNOW. SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS IN THE EVENING. SNOW LIKELY EARLY IN THE MORNING. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 7 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION 7 TO 9 INCHES. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS AROUND 20 MPH.

Awesomeness. Chance of thunderstorms... 

Archived