joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late March snow blitz! March 24-25th

cyclone77

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing about Indiana. I'm predicting Mottster in Lebanon to be as close as anyone in the forum to be in the bullseye with B-rent right behind.

Bullish. 

I think somewhere between IND and LAF cashes very nicely. Mottster maybe?

Great minds......lol

I see *IndyMeso* lurking. She's in a sweet spot.

Haha I am. Debated on whether to stay at home in Noblesville or head down to Indy. Seeing I work for the State EMA I opted to head to Indy just in case we activated. Right now just the waiting game but anything left from this morning is hard to find.

Wifey has to drive down 69 to fishers at 6am. Not looking forward to that. I'm planning on a 12h day at work tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Couple winners so far:

1250 PM     HEAVY SNOW       1 SSW JEFFERSON CITY    38.56N  92.20W03/24/2013  M7.5 INCH        COLE               MO   TRAINED SPOTTER            LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW STILL FALLING.
0106 PM     HEAVY SNOW       ST. CHARLES             38.79N  90.52W03/24/2013  M7.3 INCH        ST. CHARLES        MO   TRAINED SPOTTER

It's a good thing that it's going to be a wet snow. With the winds speeds predicted this evening, 10" would be ugly and you'd be activated. Good luck and enjoy the storm.

BTW, St. Louis is getting blasted. Several 7-8" reports from the northwest side and still snowing heavily. A true STL-IND special.

Agreed. I know Marion County is activating at 3 and others will follow if they have not already activated. Power outages is what makes us busy.

I don't think my low quality camera on my phone does this justice...but it's snowing large, probably 1" in diameter snowflakes and it is sticking to everything except pavement in Athens...was hoping for maybe a slushy inch out of this first wave and that may over-perform somewhat. Down to 32F with 0.6" down. 

post-525-0-08783500-1364150867_thumb.jpg

Nearing double digits...

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ST LOUIS MO153 PM CDT SUN MAR 24 2013..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON.....DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....            ..REMARKS..0150 PM     HEAVY SNOW       HICKORY HILL            38.40N  92.36W03/24/2013  M9.0 INCH        COLE               MO   TRAINED SPOTTER 

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON.....DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....            ..REMARKS..0150 PM     HEAVY SNOW       NEW MELLE               38.71N  90.88W03/24/2013  M9.0 INCH        ST. CHARLES        MO   TRAINED SPOTTER             MODERATE SNOW STILL FALLING. 

Yeah, I believe so. 

This might be comparable to 3/25-26/2002 but neither of us were here then. Noticed that St. Louis list you posted earlier in the thread...seems like their late season snow climo is better than ours.

I was here for that March 2002 storm. It was a very nice hit for this area with lots blowing and drifting in the country too. I'd be very happy with a repeat of that. 

Archived