joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man it sucks that its the GFS because that 12z run is such a weenie run for up here.

1.0-1.25" QPF as snow from the synoptic storm, then upslope for days after that.  There's actually precipitation in every 6 hour panel from like Monday night through Sunday the 24th.

A real CT_Blizz style days and days of snow as that upper level low and surface low get caught in northern ME and the Maritimes.  Just rotating energy and maritime moisture back into the upslope region for like 5 days.

Heck out on Sunday 3/24 it is still snowing!

No you are correct, seems to go to drizzle after all the damage, knowig it runs warm on that simulation site it really hammers an ice storm

Yeah, Still a real good hit for most, Looked to stay all snow here as the low slides ENE along the coast thru the bay of fundy

Well the 12z GFS snowmap looks much better than I expected, it's a solid 4" front end down here. GGEM and RGEM look good, the accumulation maps arent out yet on meteocentre, but the precip type looked like a decent front end down here. With the EURO also having a front end dump, perhaps a consensus on a 2-4" lollies to 5" down here is emerging? That would be nice from a system which I was expecting nothing from, and the seasonal trend this winter of colder in the short range cannot be overlooked. I'm getting intrested in a couple of inches monday night...

-skisheep

GGEM is winter storm warning for everyone from Lake Erie all the way across NY state and all of New England and southern Canada.

Huge storm on that model, lol.

Lock it! Ski country is due for a big one, although Whiteface is close to (above?) average for this time of year, there's only been two big storms over 10", everything else has been nickel and dime events. I'm really rooting for SLK to get a big one here, anything down here is a bonus. (Although it's looking like atleast a small bonus is likely...)

-skisheep

Wow, assuming the 0c line is the freezing line on the GGEM I'm looking at close to a warning event on it. I'm guessing that the freezing line is probably a decent amount north of the 0c line at 850, so probably a couple of inches and then nice cold rain. Meteocentre accumulations should be out soon though and they give a better picture...

-skisheep

Archived