Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

OT, but related to the blocking,

Tim Kelly was just showing water vapor loop featuring the March 6-8 event pounding the Azores...

Neat stuff

Europe has been getting smashed. Before I went on vacation, I was writing TAFs for France...a March freaking snowstorm for Paris.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro would probably not get ORH above 40F for the entire run through next Monday. Even snowman21 and LL might be as impressed with that as a high of 53F.

You betcha!! Going to be shucking some oysters down on the flats and then a festivus fire with a good Scotch!. Go Go Go!

You betcha!! Going to be shucking some oysters down on the flats and then a festivus fire with a good Scotch!. Go Go Go!

The SE US is running about -7 or -8 this month....the departures there are going to be ungodly next week once the storm moves through. Don't think they can break the obscenity that was March 1960...but they probably have a top 5 coldest March locked. I mean, below 0C 850s hanging out in Florida?

The SE US is running about -7 or -8 this month....the departures there are going to be ungodly next week once the storm moves through. Don't think they can break the obscenity that was March 1960...but they probably have a top 5 coldest March locked. I mean, below 0C 850s hanging out in Florida?

That's incredible...even the euro ensembles have the 0C 850 isotherm kissing TLH.

Do you really think that's going to happen ?

I was looking at that this morning--I didn't have the historical context but was thinking how cold that must be for them at this time of year.

Wondering, if like last weeks every freakin' storm this winter, we continue the shift SE as we get closer? Thinking snow to sleet/ice then maybe rain for me with current models, hoping the tickle continues!

Fixed.

Nice to see the snowier trend continue..This looks like an all snow deal for just about all of us

I wouldn't be spiking anything yet, Kevin.  This could still have a lot of ip/zr in the mix for the interior.

BTW--does anyone else seem to think that whoever wrote the BOX AFD wrt to the storm might be confusing what "upstream" vs. "downstream" means?

I wouldn't be spiking anything yet, Kevin.  This could still have a lot of ip/zr in the mix for the interior.

BTW--does anyone else seem to think that whoever wrote the BOX AFD wrt to the storm might be confusing what "upstream" vs. "downstream" means?

Considering he couldn't even interpret what the Euro was showing correctly..I'd imagine that's a distinct possibility

Cold here in FLA. I will be returning Sunday. Per the normal schedule expect a snowstorm Monday

Archived