joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow still moderate here, but, the dusting that was on the ground has melted, 32.6 at my local Wunderground.

This storm for monday/tuesday is an absolute gift for the interior, the fact that we are going to see widespread warning totals in late march is pretty awsome, and the best part is that we aren't done yet, heck even down here I think has a chance next weekend potentially.

2-4" baseline here before rain pending further cold ticks, but, it dosen't take much to make it a much bigger event.

-skisheep

CMC looks good outside 495 especially... problems for Boston though. 

I certainly don't expect an all snow event here...but if I can grab a few inches..it's a win.

It's an interesting event. You have huge height falls, cold air (money in the bank as a coworker likes to call it), and a rapidly deepening low near the Cape. I think this could be fun.

Why wouldn't you believe the Euro? It's been money lately and its thermal profiles are always great in SW Flow events...GFS tends to be too warm.

I buy it, but we are also far enough out where little nuances will have an effect on the outcome here. I mentioned the s/w to watch a couple of pages back too. 

I certainly don't expect an all snow event here...but if I can grab a few inches..it's a win.

It's an interesting event. You have huge height falls, cold air (money in the bank as a coworker likes to call it), and a rapidly deepening low neat the Cape. I think this could be fun.

Absolutely. Will just be an issue of whether the strong height falls bring the forcing too far west. 

i think you stay all snow. continuing trend on models south and east and a bit more to go yet. a very interesting storm(and more predictable than others). this cold air mass means business.

It's an interesting event. You have huge height falls, cold air (money in the bank as a coworker likes to call it), and a rapidly deepening low near the Cape. I think this could be fun.

i think you stay all snow. continuing trend on models south and east and a bit more to go yet. a very interesting storm(and more predictable than others). this cold air mass means business.

As is, it would be tough to accomplish, but if it were to nuke out near BID and back winds...it would probably could.

But this is if the euro is 100% correct. I don't really have much to bargain with here. This could be mostly frozen very close by. I respect the dynamics of this thing.

Damn, that's 4mm/hr rates for me.  Congrats, Scooter!

Yeah, crazy compact house sucker low right there...  What's interesting is the general area of cyclonic circulation extends west of Michigan!  ... yet you have to tuck right into eastern sections to get any kind of event horizon.   

The Euro actually hints at that, btw.  120 hours, it has another vort lobe rotating around and it sparks off a much weaker version roughly D5.5.  I think the difference was that the NOGAPS had a satellite southern stream impulse that slipped up the coast gets phased up.

Yeah, crazy compact house sucker low right there...  What's interesting is the general area of cyclonic circulation extends west of Michigan!  ... yet you have to tuck right into eastern sections to get any kind of event horizon.   

The Euro actually hints at that, btw.  120 hours, it has another vort lobe rotating around and it sparks off a much weaker version roughly D5.5.  I think the difference was that the NOGAPS had a satellite southern stream impulse that slipped up the coast gets phased up.

Man it would suck if I get snowbound in Maine

Archived