Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The ROLLORH March Storm of 2013 picture thread

Ginx snewx

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Steve. My pride and joy. She was in all her glory while it was pounding yesterday.

I miss my Bo my 19 year snow companion and recently 6 month old puppy who was a snow nut died from surgery. Thankfully we still have the 4 rugrats 2 of which love to run in the snow.

I miss my Bo my 19 year snow companion and recently 6 month old puppy who was a snow nut died from surgery. Thankfully we still have the 4 rugrats 2 of which love to run in the snow.

That's the hardest part...losing them. Form the day they come home you know you'll be facing that moment....

Sorry to hear abut it Steve and hopefully the 4 will give much pleasure.

Losing 'em is the hardest part.  I'll have to get another one pretty quickly after my 12-year-old black lab finally passes on.  She and I have spent many a day wandering the mountains and that'll be a tough one to say goodbye to.

Some more I just took a little while ago under the full March sun....had to wear sunglasses or it was like certain snow blindnesss...usually I can handle sunny days after fresh snow, but today I couldn't

Top of the car barely visible:

Mar9_ORH1.jpg

Opposite angle of the car in driveway

Mar9_ORH2.jpg

Snow plow fail around the corner on the next street over

Mar9_ORH3.jpg

Scooters favorite 4 foot fence

Mar9_ORH4.jpg

Epic snow banks...I had to pull my car next to them just to get a good perspective in the pic

Mar9_ORH5.jpg

ORH what's your settled depth?  That looks like its gotta be like 18-20+" even after compaction and melting today.

Well there was about 9-10" of a total glacier on the ground before the event (you can't see the glacier layer in the smooth canyon-like edges since it had receded further back from the sidewalks)...but the snow depth of the "new" snow from the storm is about 17.5"...overall depth was about 27" this morning. Its weird, because the dewpoint is 15F with almost no winds, the melting really is nothing like you'd expect in March with a temp in the upper 40s. You can notice in some of the pics how dry the pavement is (outside of the pic of all the slush still in the street)

Well there was about 9-10" of a total glacier on the ground before the event (you can't see the glacier layer in the smooth canyon-like edges since it had receded further back from the sidewalks)...but the snow depth of the "new" snow from the storm is about 17.5"...overall depth was about 27" this morning. Its weird, because the dewpoint is 15F with almost no winds, the melting really is nothing like you'd expect in March with a temp in the upper 40s. You can notice in some of the pics how dry the pavement is (outside of the pic of all the slush still in the street)

yo where's my daylight pic of that drift

Melting is pretty good here. Plows have made huge chunky piles

At least the main roads are dry. Driving through the horrible back roads was an adventure

Melting here is def slower than I'd expect for a 50F full sun day in March...its def melting, but at a relatively benign rate with almsot zero wind and extremely low dewpoints..normally I'd expect the streets to be torrents running down them. The places that will get totally torched today are any south facing slopes that might have dirty snow on them or even areas blown thin enough to have darker grass or leaves trying to show through....that really accelerates the melting process.

Monday/Tuesday are going to really do some damage though...esp Tuesday.

Archived