joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-8 Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally for the past few years my life has taken turns in bad ways, uncontrolled 5 year slide. My back, chronic pain 24/7. It's taken just about everything. The economic down turn. Almost losing the house, the ex contracting cancer moving out.  In December my nephew took himself out of this world just as we where starting to talk again   My employer has turn my job into a nightmare, outsourcing, management monitoring, implimenting such demeaning tactics using technology against the very people who for years have given time and effort. Enforcing by just production numbers which are never enough. 

Not once have I writ a comment to a fellow poster that was less than respectful. I try to keep coments in the threads that are appropriately dubbed. This forum in many ways is an outlet of sorts. I keep my personal crap to myself and not reflective of my hobby. 

Sorry to hear this Don. You are a class act.

As you just posted in the model thread:

:weenie:

At this point it's well beyond the point of no return,  It went to hell in the first page.  I'm open to ideas from the members but the treads are awful to follow when it comes to model discussion, which is what they are intended for.

This thing is falling to ****, great storm for Chicago and other areas, failed in DC and won't be shocked to see it fail here.

the Apps are doing well. I gotta friend in Harrisonburg VA who posted a pic on Facebook...looked like 10" easy with more to come. Let's just get this thing over with...not gonna be terribly pretty for most of CT. 

At this point it's well beyond the point of no return,  It went to hell in the first page.  I'm open to ideas from the members but the treads are awful to follow when it comes to model discussion, which is what they are intended for.

Just kidding around. Most of the disco in the other thread has been model based. In between big model runs it gets a bit banterish.

I am also thinking it is another emotional swing for a lot of people. You over to N RI should do ok

I'm getting stiffed here so far

It sure was a bust in Baltimore/D.C. and looks like it could very well bust at BOS as well.

Augusta and Rockingham counties in the Shenandoah Valley have upwards of 20 inches in spots though according to LWX.

Question for you guys.  I am frustrated with trying to find Euro info.  Every time there is a storm I have to read through pages to see what the Euro is forecasting for CNE.   People spit out Euro QPF for all the place in SNE but not for up here.   So I am left wondering how far north the precip comes etc.  I do on occasion ask how much for up here but hate to do it.  Sometimes people answer me, sometimes like today my request will be ignored leaving me wondering.  So annoying.  How much does it cost to subscribe for Euro info?  Can you just do it for a few months during storm season?

Gene

Question for you guys.  I am frustrated with trying to find Euro info.  Every time there is a storm I have to read through pages to see what the Euro is forecasting for CNE.   People spit out Euro QPF for all the place in SNE but not for up here.   So I am left wondering how far north the precip comes etc.  I do on occasion ask how much for up here but hate to do it.  Sometimes people answer me, sometimes like today my request will be ignored leaving me wondering.  So annoying.  How much does it cost to subscribe for Euro info?  Can you just do it for a few months during storm season?

Gene

Wunderground disseminates the maps for free as does Penn State E-Wall.  They are delayed by about 15-20 minutes from the pay sites.

Stormvista as well as a few others have pay access to get them.  I don't think it's incredibly expensive to get them.

Wunderground disseminates the maps for free as does Penn State E-Wall.  They are delayed by about 15-20 minutes from the pay sites.

Stormvista as well as a few others have pay access to get them.  I don't think it's incredibly expensive to get them.

Thanks, I will look at Wunderground and Penn State E Wall

For those of us actually interesting in Meteorology... take a look at this!   Those are 850mb temperatures that are exceeding +20C in Oklahoma, while New England basks in deep layer NW flow at < -10C at that same level.  Wow - talk about seasonal stressing!

f240.gif

My employer has turn my job into a nightmare, outsourcing, management monitoring, implimenting such demeaning tactics using technology against the very people who for years have given time and effort. Enforcing by just production numbers which are never enough. 

Sorry to hear about your life struggles,  this one I personally can identify with and say I understand,   and not feel like I am minimizing your own struggles.   The company I work for is hell-bent with using technology to control, coerce, monitor and harass employees to the most extreme in the industry and perhaps in overall business.   Career change may suite you the best?   I'm feelin' it!

Archived