• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-8 Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Torn about this storm.  I'd love an absolute crusher for BOS, but I'm flying out of Logan on Friday afternoon, so I'm a little worried.. 

I feel ya, flying out to DCA Thursday at 11am, the one weekend my buddies and I get together and get away for a weekend, hoping we somehow are able to sneak out, worst comes to worst might just rent a car and hike it if we run the risk of flight cancellation.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrt to news at 6 forecasts......it's politics to a degree on this one. it's like they have been told DO NOT GO BIG unless your very confident so they know producers have their back if they go small. they are sayng passing rain showers on cp and mix nw of 495...and snow a few inches in the hills.

If this was really the case this board would be on hvy prozac at this point. mean modeling doesnt show a bomb but i mean HPC gives likely chance of warnng snowfall totals from the area i highlighted (N 1/4 of ri to wellsley to boxborough to shrewsbury) and pretty much westward extentsion to the orh hills if you wanna sprinkle in meso models. I'm not trying to be brash of talk down about any tv mets in any way, i'm just trying to highlight some what of a disconnect between the HPC and the local mets at 6pm. and there IS one. They have a major case of cold feet no questions about it....and imo it's due in large part to the response from the last storm where they put out maps 4 days out and downgraded and took huge flack.

even if euro goes north and gives 1.25 qpf to boston (i dont really think it will tonite) i think they will still have cold feet.

Nevermind 1.25" for Boston tonight HOW About 2.00" cpick??

Haha! Major EURO cave Did in fact happen. I mean it just doesn't feel that surprising because as bad as the NAM and GFS might be, if they're in agreement for multiple runs and are 400 miles away in a different spot of Course you gotta believe them.

I feel ya, flying out to DCA Thursday at 11am, the one weekend my buddies and I get together and get away for a weekend, hoping we somehow are able to sneak out, worst comes to worst might just rent a car and hike it if we run the risk of flight cancellation.

Yup, its not the other side of the world. Delay a day, enjoy the snow and then get in the car. Thats what Id do.

Whatever slop does fall in most of CT will be gone by Saturday afternoon, as temps rise nicely. Upton and CT tv mets are nonplussed by this slop storm.

I'm going ice fishing in Rindge NH on Sat. Should be pretty sloppy out there especially if we get mauled with foot of paste on Thur-Fri. 

BOS mets  must have got the order from producers.......listen where gettin cream'd on social media....dont go big unless your sure......

bouchard said in a tweet last nite.....where in wait and see mode....theres the model data and then the human data  ...hashtag  "hate flip flopping"

they have PTS disorder from the 23-24 or their producers due from the flack they took on social media....and they are keepin mets on short leash.

i wanna see the met with the cajones....if euro stays the course # IFFFFFFFFF

Wow Channel 7 called for no snow in the 128 corridor. Actually no snow up and down eastern Mass. What do you guys think?

I hope they're very wrong lol. But yeah the mets here have said its a delicate situation for EMA, it's totally possible we get screwed with rain, but it's also possibly we get half a foot or more of paste with winds and coastal flooding, I bet they'll be quite a bit more confident after the next half hour.

All the VA weenies are ripping DT a new one on FB for his busted forecast, pretty funny to see him flopping around like a fish out of water.

Randy deleted my post in the MA forum saying i concur with his 4''-8'' forecast but he leaved up a post from WASHNash or something saying he was gonna troll the NE forum.. Lol. What babies!!

This could still bust the wrong way.  But the disservice that was done by the media and other outlets...I'm really up in arms over it.

It's unsightly.

You're more into this than I am but I would suggest that the general population has an attention span of about 15 minutes.  There is still ample time to warn the folks of SNE.

Archived