joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-8 Storm Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrt to news at 6 forecasts......it's politics to a degree on this one. it's like they have been told DO NOT GO BIG unless your very confident so they know producers have their back if they go small. they are sayng passing rain showers on cp and mix nw of 495...and snow a few inches in the hills.

If this was really the case this board would be on hvy prozac at this point. mean modeling doesnt show a bomb but i mean HPC gives likely chance of warnng snowfall totals from the area i highlighted (N 1/4 of ri to wellsley to boxborough to shrewsbury) and pretty much westward extentsion to the orh hills if you wanna sprinkle in meso models. I'm not trying to be brash of talk down about any tv mets in any way, i'm just trying to highlight some what of a disconnect between the HPC and the local mets at 6pm. and there IS one. They have a major case of cold feet no questions about it....and imo it's due in large part to the response from the last storm where they put out maps 4 days out and downgraded and took huge flack.

even if euro goes north and gives 1.25 qpf to boston (i dont really think it will tonite) i think they will still have cold feet.

noticed alot of bos area mets that are going bigger....think this will be alot of rain for Boston.

Tim kelley for example says while he thinks the gfs is overcooked with 3-4 qpf (not going out on limb at this point) "plus much would be rain"

i'm starting to think i wish i was still in framingham (25 miles from the coast) instead of wakefield mass. could be a thumping snow bomb for areas like ashland/hopkington,

northborough, marlborough area IMO and a cold rain on 128 belt. i may be swinging from rafters if that occur'd.  At least that is my take from Tim kelly's latest thoughts, I'm not

sure wether to put met thoughts in banter or storm disco but he's respected met so i stuck it here.

noticed alot of bos area mets that are going bigger....think this will be alot of rain for Boston.

Tim kelley for example says while he thinks the gfs is overcooked with 3-4 qpf (not going out on limb at this point) "plus much would be rain"

i'm starting to think i wish i was still in framingham (25 miles from the coast) instead of wakefield mass.

to early to tell where that R/S will set up, but us around 128 area are on the bubble right now.

i'm starting to think i wish i was still in framingham (25 miles from the coast) instead of wakefield mass. could be a thumping snow bomb for areas like ashland/hopkington, northborough, marlborough area IMO and a cold rain on 128 belt. i may be swinging from rafters if that occur'd

Noyes' map--as rough as it was--suggested a pretty far intrusion of rain.  Frankly, I was suprised to see that.  Again, that was a really rough depiction he had.

Noyes' map--as rough as it was--suggested a pretty far intrusion of rain.  Frankly, I was suprised to see that.  Again, that was a really rough depiction he had.

yes i would say bos mets in general are a little more gung ho on rain thru 128, then the talk in here has been. But HPC is pretty bullish on snow closer to the coast on their winter maps.

I was wondering if the METS are seeing a CF depicted on some of the more amp'd solution and if so where they may be located. thanks for any response

matt noyes is interpreting models and giving a pretty bullish forecast from NE ct hills thru ORh hills .....shows a pretty sharp cut off from hills to 128 and then again to the coast. I wont say amounts but he's going pretty big.

http://www.mattnoyes.net/forecast/2013/03/late-day-forecast-video-light-snow-tapers-quiet-tuesday-midweek-storm.html

Yea, not liking the Dec '96 type of appeal many outlet are taking on.

Don't really agree...

I am not defending him but he is trashed by a good many posters here, so I am not surprised he "hates" this place.

And when he was here, he trashed a good many posters as well. He, IMHO, does some very thorough analysis, but did not deal well with the ball busting  that goes on here after a bust.

yes i would say bos mets in general are a little more gung ho on rain thru 128, then the talk in here has been. But HPC is pretty bullish on snow closer to the coast on their winter maps.

I was wondering if the METS are seeing a CF depicted on some of the more amp'd solution and if so where they may be located. thanks for any response

In a rather cursory look yes more LL warming and CF potential esp with the higher pressure to the north.

LMAO.. No poop. I was trying to engage him into a serious synoptic discussion but he wouldn't engage.

My stupidity/bad.

On FB he blocked me. Oh well his loss

He is very stubborn about this storm... more than I remember from back on Eastern, etc.  Maybe he wins out, but some of what he is saying seems untruthful

Archived