Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 5-6 Storm Discussion

Poimen

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a new mesoscale discussion has been issued by the Virginia Dept of Public Safety for conditional instability rising... this has been issued to cover the conditional instability of DT's facebook page and his weather goons/haters as the whole group in is in the midst of stage three meltdown mode as we speak

• 252231_1002029915278_1941483569_s.jpg
    Kartoshka Grikman holy moly i'll be darned. never in my wildest dreams could i envision a reverse March 01 scenario. 18z NAM must be on crack cause it smokes NYC with a borderline blizzard!
    • 277086_129478830432717_419763198_q.jpg
      Wxrisk.com hey ***hole, I know you wont admit this ..after all you are a proven liar
      but ... 36 hrs hrs before the feb 8 new england blizzard the 18z nam has 40" in or close to NYC...

a new mesoscale discussion has been issued by the Virginia Dept of Public Safety for conditional instability rising... this has been issued to cover the conditional instability DT's facebook page as it is in stage three meltdown mode as we speak

• 252231_1002029915278_1941483569_s.jpg
    Kartoshka Grikman holy moly i'll be darned. never in my wildest dreams could i envision a reverse March 01 scenario. 18z NAM must be on crack cause it smokes NYC with a borderline blizzard!
    • 277086_129478830432717_419763198_q.jpg
      Wxrisk.com hey ***hole, I know you wont admit this ..after all you are a proven liar

but ... 36 hrs hrs before the feb 8 new england blizzard the 18z nam has 40" in or close to NYC...

That smooth talker sure knows how to keep subscribers.  

DC might need to be sweating P-type issues on the latest runs.  Hell, I think the NAM even changes Boston over to rain at the end after a foot of cement snow.

super james

I would like a play-by-play of the latest DGEX at your earliest convenience

thank you kind sir.........................................

Most of the Pacific flow has continued being connected to the Atlantic offshore system.  It is becoming closer to horizontal and is located over the Gulf Coast states.

Our storm is being pulled along with it to some extent, as it does not have many other places to go. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lolllllll I say the same thing to myself. Give him credit tho for trying to incorporate different images and what not for the storm.

Calm_days, you consistently post these images, and I can't figure them out at all.  I can't even see any land under these clouds, so I have no reference points at all.

I am glad to have provided a little unintentional comic relief along with the images!  :lol::)

I just needed some feedback!  I have been using the NOAA Experimental Data Display (preview.weather.gov/edd) and, had been leaving the satellite overlay fully opaque.  In the future I will allow some of the map to show. 

super james

I would like a play-by-play of the latest DGEX at your earliest convenience

thank you kind sir.........................................

:)

At least I never look at that POS model.  The JMA and NOGAPS are for fun (though I think people think the JMA shows more fantasy storms than it really does since the wxcaster site that has it only shows precip in 24-hour increments, which can make it deceptive with the 540 line and people thinking they are getting snow when, in reality, it's cold chasing the moisture).

I got one little ole question!  WHERE"S ALL THAT GREAT BLOCKING??? I mean there's no way this thing can go north right? I've heard the word blocking so much I'm sick of it... See the block? double blocking, banana block, rex block, etc.... I have heard all of them mentioned in the last week!!! I think what we really have is a block centered over the southeast.... It's called a snow block.

yep, this sure is one way to make sure subscribers are entertained :popcorn:

DT is probably got hammered after he saw the models this afternoon wondering why the weather won't do what he says. If this goes to the NE and skips his area, the collapse and implosion will be a thing to behold. In fact, Chesterfield, or wherever he is, might just not be there anymore after this is all over. Could be epic.

The Pacific flow has continued being connected to the offshore system.  This is going to be somewhat unusual.

The storm we're watching has a lot of southeast flow on it from the north, and the block to the east and northeast for hundreds of miles is still changing instead of weaking. 

Will the low pressure we are tracking be pulled towards and into the much larger offshore low?

In any case, the moisture flow from the Pacific is becoming closer to horizontal and is located over the Gulf Coast states. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am glad to have provided a little unintentional comic relief along with the images!  :lol::)

I just needed some feedback!  I have been using the NOAA Experimental Data Display (preview.weather.gov/edd) and, had been leaving the satellite overlay fully opaque.  In the future I will allow some of the map to show. 

would read again

post moooaaaar often

:beer: :beer: :beer:

:)

At least I never look at that POS model.  JMA and NOGAPS are for fun (though I think people think the JMA shows more fantasy storms than it really does since the wxcaster site that has it only shows precip in 24-hour increments, which can make it deceptive with the 540 line and people thinking they are getting snow when, in reality, it's all rain).

you are the man

I never doubted you

I'm starting to feel sorry for DT -- his denial has reached new levels even for him.

He is claiming the 18z moved south -- which it totally did not. It slowed down by 8 hours, but if you compare the surface features when they are at the same latitude, it was a clear north trend. (look at hour 45 on the 18z compared to hour 45 on the 12z)

I'm starting to feel sorry for DT -- his denial has reached new levels even for him.

He is claiming the 18z moved south -- which it totally did not. It slowed down by 8 hours, but if you compare the surface features when they are at the same latitude, it was a clear north trend. (look at hour 45 on the 18z compared to hour 45 on the 12z)

Remember, you have to look at hour 45 on the 18z and hour 51 on the 12z to get the right time frame.

Where are our resident trollers? I think it's time for an away mission. :devilsmiley:

Duh -- you really think I don't know that??? :stun:

You are missing the point. 

The 18z slowed down by about 6 hours -- so at 45 hours, it is at the same longitude as the 12z run. Comparing the frames THAT way shows it trended north, not south ... just slower.

See .....

12z GFS at 45 hours

post-1293-0-69641900-1362439690_thumb.gi

18z GFS at 45 hours

post-1293-0-75946700-1362439725_thumb.gi

Remember, you have to look at hour 45 on the 18z and hour 51 on the 12z to get the right time frame.

Nice.  Thanks!  Someone else posted an overlay WV map earlier too, and I forgot to thank them for helping me out.

A water vapor loop, thanks to Jet Stream Rider for finding this great source, and, a satellite still image with slightly higher resolution:

(edit.  calculus1, Yes : )   The unisys animation is a perfect view for our storm! )

sat_wv_hem_loop-12.gif

(i tried to save the animation  but was only able to save a single frame)

post-8089-0-55192800-1362439366_thumb.pn

There is a really strong flow going beneath the huge Atlantic system, at least for it to have been able to start attracting the Pacific moisture.

I think over the next twelve hours, that specific area, the southern flow under the Atlantic ULL, is going to matter quite a lot.  Maybe the storm we are watching will somehow affect the much larger system, but right now it is more of a bubble or pocket, while the Atlantic system has a lot of space to keep reforming a strong circulation somehow, even one that moved West into Maine today.

Yea there is a definite small but still there north trend.

I think DT forgot his big boy pAnts today.

I MEAN DOES HE REALLY THINK THAT PEOPLE IN THE SOUTHERN STATES FORUM WOULD SAY IT IS TRENDING NORTH WHEN THAT HURTS THERE CHANCES OF SNOW JUST SO PEOPLE GET CONFUSED AND TO MAKE HIM LOOK BAD. THERE ARE HARDLY ANY MEMBERS IN VA THAT ARE IN THIS SOUTHERN STATE THREAD. What a joke.

Archived