• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-7 banter thread

tombo82685

Meteorologist Ray Martin, a local native who works at the National Weather Service office in Nevada, has been keeping score of how the models have been performing.

He's been posting the outcome on the American Weather Forums site, where is a regular poster -- and he knows his stuff about Philly area weather, by the way -- and the results for Philadelphia suggest a dismal day for the models.

:clap:

yeah, nice

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay in that forum, thanks. I'm getting a laugh watching the weenies up there figure out which model to throw out. And gotta love someone that's been a member for less then 5 days, is all of a sudden an expert about what happens in this forum. You won't last long.

I'm not sure what point your making, but again, if you prefer the posting style of the NYC forum, I urge you to continue posting there and avoid this subforum.

I really see no other option than for you to leave the board. 

If I respond the way I really want to , I'll probably get banned.

so.....anyway

If I respond the way I really want to , I'll probably get banned.

so.....anyway

I mean, you've clearly expressed that you prefer a posting style that spreads misinformation, hypes, wishcasts, and produces a high volume of posts. That's cool. That's not what this subforum is all about. I don't see why you feel the need to come in here and make snide comments about it.

If you want that you can also go to the Accuwx forums. There are plenty of forums where weenies who have no idea what they are talking about hype storms. This sub-forum is almost free of that and we plan on keeping it this way. The mainstream exposure we have had also presents a need to keep this sub-forum clean with quality posts. Goof off in the banter threads but our discussion threads are moderated in a style that values quality over quantity.

If you want that you can also go to the Accuwx forums. There are plenty of forums where weenies who have no idea what they are talking about hype storms. This sub-forum is almost free of that and we plan on keeping it this way. The mainstream exposure we have had also presents a need to keep this sub-forum clean with quality posts. Goof off in the banter threads but our discussion threads are moderated in a style that values quality over quantity.

Word.

also a lot of them on fb to....

A lot of speculation going on, by hobbyists and mets, about what happened in MD/DC. All of the theories are your typical but you'll never hear: "because our interpretation of the NWP was wrong." The reasons for what happened I stated already in this subforum but DC could have used some slantwise convection.

A lot of speculation going on, by hobbyists and mets, about what happened in MD/DC. All of the theories are your typical but you'll never hear: "because our interpretation of the NWP was wrong." The reasons for what happened I stated already in this subforum but DC could have used some slantwise convection.

just from following stuff in weather..80% of the time when you rely on dynamics on the coastal plain in march it usually doesn't materialize well, if you don't have elevation. This storm had the dynamics but the models showed that cutoff to nothing very close to i95. Still sucks what happened down there and explained very well by you in the obs thread.

One of my biggest pet peeves are weenies posting maps with no explanation. Just an emotoicon or nothing at all. Maps should be limited anyway because of the amount of people who browse the board on their phone's these days but explain what you are showing. I mean it's not much better than me taking a pic of my toilet with a smiley face. It has the same effect. Posting maps with no explanation does nothing for the thread except consume memory and kb's on people's data plans.

One of my biggest pet peeves are weenies posting maps with no explanation. Just an emotoicon or nothing at all. Maps should be limited anyway because of the amount of people who browse the board on their phone's these days but explain what you are showing. I mean it's not much better than me taking a pic of my toilet with a smiley face. It has the same effect. Posting maps with no explanation does nothing for the thread except consume memory and kb's on people's data plans.

Yes, snowfall maps by models are some of the worst tools you can use. I'm not saying anyone was better than anyone else; but, you never heard things like "melting rate, low ratios, subsidence in between convection" etc. being thrown around.

Yes, snowfall maps by models are some of the worst tools you can use. I'm not saying anyone was better than anyone else; but, you never heard things like "melting rate, low ratios, subsidence in between convection" etc. being thrown around.

Why would they?  It would spoil their mongering fun ;)

Archived