Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 6-7 banter thread

tombo82685

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too early for a separate Obs thread, but, FWIW, after a high of 49 at PHL, they are already down to 42 with a dewpoint of 26.  If the clouds stay away for a few more hours, we will be well on our way to... well... let's just say to a less awful boundary layer.

Won't matter a whole lot once the wind shifts more easterly.

Too early for a separate Obs thread, but, FWIW, after a high of 49 at PHL, they are already down to 42 with a dewpoint of 26.  If the clouds stay away for a few more hours, we will be well on our way to... well... let's just say to a less awful boundary layer.  

GFS actually had it forecasted for 35 degrees at 00z(7 PM) tonight.

What a mess for me.... I am down in NE MD for work, my home is in Ocean county NJ. Trying to follow two threads (not cross threading) and the dynamics keep changing. The family wants to know what is happening in NJ and trying to track MD weather with a variety of sources. If I believe the NAM MD is crushed with decent snow amounts in TR. However I have always followed the Philly thread (my home) and for this year be suspect of the NAM. However down hear the NAM short range before the storm is almost gospel. Not bad mouthing anyone, just looking for some sort of consensus (which is probably impossible with this storm set up) - appreciate the ear(s)

What a mess for me.... I am down in NE MD for work, my home is in Ocean county NJ. Trying to follow two threads (not cross threading) and the dynamics keep changing. The family wants to know what is happening in NJ and trying to track MD weather with a variety of sources. If I believe the NAM MD is crushed with decent snow amounts in TR. However I have always followed the Philly thread (my home) and for this year be suspect of the NAM. However down hear the NAM short range before the storm is almost gospel. Not bad mouthing anyone, just looking for some sort of consensus (which is probably impossible with this storm set up) - appreciate the ear(s)

The NAM is an awful model. A broke clock is right twice a day the nam can only wish it was that good

I would blend the ecm with gfs and sref's myself to get an idea for amounts

Cut Nam's QPF in half and that's closer to reality, at least here. It's been like that for 95% of all systems here. Even the Almighty was a bit drunk the night before the NE blizzard but not so much as the Nam. The GFS under performed for many as well as so take its sprinkles with a grain of salt as well. Euro, RGEM and 1/2 nam best bet.

Not an easy question to be answered.. Down MD way they are counting on colder temps based on the NAM

- will be going into now casting and tell the fam of potential (not to mention any wind without snow that may occur along the coast)

. I just see a lot of rain heading this way

(MD) unless you live in the mountains. Appreciate the feed back...

problem is cutting the nam qpf in half doesnt always work. Nam's 1.40" qpf for me for February 8th snow worked out to 2.7" snow

All stations now down to temps in the 30's.

Coldest right now is Lakehurst reporting 33. Would love to know what Millville is reporting but the station appears to be down.

http://raws.wrh.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/roman/raws_ca_monitor.cgi?state=NJ&type=&rawsflag=290&timeobs=12&day1=22&month1=9&year1=2007&hour1=22&orderby=e

This link will give you all the MesoNet stations reporting to NWS.  It updates frequently.

Here is the link to TWC's update.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1543561897001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAAQxtuk~,N9g8AOtC12eobrWkZvrqKiXxOtGg-8h1&bctid=2181682998001

Shows future models and why eastern pa is forecasted for 8-12" of snow. They just won't let up.

They've got all the storms right so far this year..just saying

Here is the link to TWC's update.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1543561897001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAAQxtuk~,N9g8AOtC12eobrWkZvrqKiXxOtGg-8h1&bctid=2181682998001

Shows future models and why eastern pa is forecasted for 8-12" of snow. They just won't let up.

They've got all the storms right so far this year..just saying

If TWC gets that right i would go back to watching TWC that i abandoned around 1999

their future model is wetter than the nam and that's saying something :lol:

I'm seeing this too. Caught me off guard because like you said they are always on the low end with storm totals. I really wish I knew what they see over there. Would be awesome if they nailed it but not looking very likely. It's them against the world with that forecast lol. 

Ending "winter"how we started. Winter storm watches downgraded to advisorys. Fitting isn't it?! Lol.

Anyhow, 39 Nd drizzle here in the d-hizzle

Yeah thats what I said yesterday lol. Hard not to think that was going to happen based on the way this entire winter has gone.

Where have all the NAM huggers who were saying things like, "there is no way Philly won't get at least 6 inches" gone?

I'm at the point of treating the NAM the same way as the JMA regarding storm threats...in other words, a model that shouldn't be mentioned in a serious weather discussion thread.

For this storm, I've never been onboard for anything more than a slushy inch or two in the immediate Philly area (not counting elevations of 500'+ as well as all of western/SW Chester county).  The relatively light precip rates combined with temps mostly above 32 degrees during this storm does not bode well for much snow accumulation.

Archived