joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-7 banter thread

tombo82685

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm has been pretty crazy to watch unfold, and I understand it still could change. Definitely had me optimistic right until the latest 00z runs. But hey when it's not your year it's just not your year. At least I'm gonna get some humor out of watching this "screw zone" setup. 

all the american models did was give false hope for 24 hours before the gfs began a slow creep toward the ecm

I'm thinking 1-3" mostly on grassy surfaces, but the 3" is a pipe dream

The gfs never give u more than 3 inches. The gefs were the pipe dream. Even though the op had some runs of an inch qpf it was warm and wasn't much snow. The nam is the one giving the dreams. It's a horrid model.

I'm leading the way on this. SEPA screw zone Is an Irishbri guarantee! (Sorry HM)!

Hey, I said it before you did yesterday! :P

I'm going into this expecting little or no snow accumulation.  I'm sure those living in the clouds (aka above 500 feet in elevation) will have at least a few inches of accumulation, but most of us living below the clouds won't see much.

gave it fresh gas getting ready for last month's storm fail

Gotta get it out of the carb.  This ethanol treated stuff really gums stuff up bad.  I leave my tanks full, but turn the supply off via a valve in the line between the tank and the carb and run the carb out of gas if I know it is going to sit for more than a month.

As much as I loathe snow in March I was optimistic all the way up to reading the word "snow hole"  

Oh my-1st wsw of  the year for my location, and I feel we'll get below the criteria.

Lastly, thank you all for your insight this winter.  Been a (bad word) of a winter getting these forecast models to verify on the high end of qpf.  Not looking forward to this one at all.  Bring on the daffodils.

Archived