Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 6-7 banter thread

tombo82685

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that's really that unreasonable to ask for 32 degrees and a blizzard one day and then 70 and sun the rest of the week.

that is why april snow events are the best. I remember a couple where it was 70 on daye then that morning had a couple of inches of snow on the ground.

that is why april snow events are the best. I remember a couple where it was 70 on daye then that morning had a couple of inches of snow on the ground.

April 9, 2000 was the best example back home.  76 on Saturday the 8th.  Cold front plows through and then a wave rides up along it in its wake, so by the next morning its snowing hard.  4" accumulates.  Then that afternoon it rises to 50 and all melts.

I see some 6-hourly readings as low as 33 for both, so I don't think they're all rain.  There is some though.

yea i didn't look at a sounding just based it off the surface temp that was being shown at hr 75 and 78 which has them at 35-36 where .75 qpf falls.. Just west of dc and balt get pummeled. The nam snow maps show nothing in those cities, all the accumulation is west.

NAM_221_2013030312_F75_TMPF_2_M_ABOVE_GR

NAM_221_2013030312_F78_TMPF_2_M_ABOVE_GR

i love when people say I'm done with winter lets bring on spring. Then a storm pops up and they get all bent out of shape when it misses, even though they are looking forward to spring...

I would be ecstatic for a snowstorm in July or any month, but get most satisfaction when it falls in Dec Jan to mid February and is followed by arctic air and can hang around

I would be ecstatic for a snowstorm in July or any month, but get most satisfaction when it falls in Dec Jan to mid February and is followed by arctic air and can hang around

I stopped hoping for that a long time ago back there, its so damn rare.

i love when people say I'm done with winter lets bring on spring. Then a storm pops up and they get all bent out of shape when it misses, even though they are looking forward to spring...

I get more bent out of shape when a storm pops in March that pours rain and sloppy snow that won't stick. It's pretty much a meteorological waste.  Would rather 60's with a squall line. 

o i agree, a snow event in january that is gone the next day or two stinks in my eyes.

I noticed that around here during the winter following an accumulating snowfall, there usually is a lot of sunshine. That starts melting the freshly fallen snow in some areas despite cold temperatures. Nothing like seeing nice clean fresh snowcover turn into dirty snow in some areas fairly quick. :axe:

I noticed that around here during the winter following an accumulating snowfall, there usually is a lot of sunshine. That starts melting the freshly fallen snow in some areas despite cold temperatures.

thats why we need 1-2 foot storsm lol. The .5-1 inch storms this winter were melted by the time you woke up lol

thats why we need 1-2 foot storsm lol. The .5-1 inch storms this winter were melted by the time you woke up lol

Yeah, but I have seen in years past nearly 12 inches of snow on the ground, then the sun comes out with afternoon temperatures near 30 degrees and some of the snow is already melting and becoming dirty especially along the road sides. I did not really have this issue back in western NY where the lake many times helped hold in the clouds. :)

Maybe we need to put in a large lake just to our west to help generate clouds with a cold northwest flow. :lol:

Yeah, but I have seen in years past nearly 12 inches of snow on the ground, then the sun comes out with afternoon temperatures near 30 degrees and some of the snow is already melting and becoming dirty especially along the road sides. I did not really have this issue back in western NY where the lake many times helped hold in the clouds. :)

Maybe we need to put in a large lake just to our west to help generate clouds with a cold northwest flow. :lol:

or we could just have a stalled out ULL trapped under a block lol..i haven't seen sun in a week really lol

Nothing better than a surprise storm after giving up on winter.  I see no problem with this, especially after last winter and this one, add this to what happened in 09/10. 

I noticed that around here during the winter following an accumulating snowfall, there usually is a lot of sunshine. That starts melting the freshly fallen snow in some areas despite cold temperatures. Nothing like seeing nice clean fresh snowcover turn into dirty snow in some areas fairly quick. :axe:

Yes, the other reason I care not for long-lasting snow pack... in some areas it never lasts long.  Unless its like 10 degrees.

Yea I know why you were doing it be it was in the wrong thread for it. Tech we are in storm mode I believe so I gotta be strict towards that's stuff

I think it only extends to certain regions.  Either that or my storm-mode mod privileges have been removed.

Archived