joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-7 banter thread

tombo82685

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite part of everything up until the storm was the drive-by NAM radar images metfan would bomb us with.

At what point will he and others like him start bashing the NWS just like he did with the SPC (because he didn't get a wind gust to 130mph on a mod risk day)?

My favorite part of everything up until the storm was the drive-by NAM radar images metfan would bomb us with.

At what point will he and others like him start bashing the NWS just like he did with the SPC (because he didn't get a wind gust to 130mph on a mod risk day)?

I'll bet that it started already.

If anyone posts anything from the NAM between now and May aka severe season you will get an instant week suspension.*

Anything from the NAM's inbred cousins aka the SREF's, ARW, or NMM is 5 days.*

* Unless you're posting it in a banter thread just to make fun of it.

Rib and Adam are on point in here. It gets so annoying trying to find good info with all the ****ty weenie posters in the NYC and Mid Atl subforums. You can't beat what we have here in terms of quality. No wonder the mets prefer posting here.

Included in the "gets so annoying trying to find good info" are the uneducated interpretations (and then extrapolations) of the model runs.  For instance, one poster will say something like "thru 48 hrs, the 0z GFS looks like it is bringing the storm further north/wetter" and the very next poster will say that same panel looks drier and more suppressed. Of course, that situation happens in all forums. :axe:

As for our current storm, I'll be surprised to see any snow on the ground IMBY before tomorrow night.  And perhaps not then either.

Just on a side note,'truly amazing to see a storm act so unpredictable in a sense. Modeling was pretty bad and inconsistent at best. Not at all an easy forecast, but the reasonable people started understanding the bust potential* within 48hours.

Always room

For improvement on forecasting, models etc...

Included in the "gets so annoying trying to find good info" are the uneducated interpretations (and then extrapolations) of the model runs.  For instance, one poster will say something like "thru 48 hrs, the 0z GFS looks like it is bringing the storm further north/wetter" and the very next poster will say that same panel looks drier and more suppressed. Of course, that situation happens in all forums. :axe:

As for our current storm, I'll be surprised to see any snow on the ground IMBY before tomorrow night.  And perhaps not then either.

Right. That is why model pbp should be left to mets or people who know what they are doing. I don't know why it is so hard for weenies to sit back, chill out and read the pbp and not post what the NAM is doing every .786 seconds.

Stay in that forum, thanks. I'm getting a laugh watching the weenies up there figure out which model to throw out. And gotta love someone that's been a member for less then 5 days, is all of a sudden an expert about what happens in this forum. You won't last long.

I'm not sure what point your making, but again, if you prefer the posting style of the NYC forum, I urge you to continue posting there and avoid this subforum.

I really see no other option than for you to leave the board.

If I respond the way I really want to , I'll probably get banned.

so.....anyway

Btw, how's this working out for you? NAM winning? lol

Even though Mets don't want to admit it, it seems like the 12z NAM is out peforming 12z Euro right now. Just look at the 6 hour forecasts on both models. Euro barely has any preciin in SNJ.

Mount Holly even says the storm is over performing currently with stronger winds along the coast...they also say the storm should linger for days. (they obviously don't seem to be taking 12z Euro for granted)

Any professional thoughts on this are appreciated. Mets preferred. As much as people hate on the NAM, it seems to be winning so far.

Included in the "gets so annoying trying to find good info" are the uneducated interpretations (and then extrapolations) of the model runs. For instance, one poster will say something like "thru 48 hrs, the 0z GFS looks like it is bringing the storm further north/wetter" and the very next poster will say that same panel looks drier and more suppressed. Of course, that situation happens in all forums. :axe:

As for our current storm, I'll be surprised to see any snow on the ground IMBY before tomorrow night. And perhaps not then either.

Right. That is why model pbp should be left to mets or people who know what they are doing. I don't know why it is so hard for weenies to sit back, chill out and read the pbp and not post what the NAM is doing every .786 seconds.

I don't get what the hell is so hard about not posting every single weenie thought that comes in your head, if you don't know what you're talking about. I don't know jack about forecasting winter events, so what do I do? Not post unless its obs time. It's not hard at all, people need to sit back and learn. I've done a hell of a lot of it on this board and Eastern since 2007, and learned a lot. That's why I'm always grateful we have mets like HM, Adam, Ray, Mt Holly mets, etc. posting here. It's bad that weenies in other forums don't realize the knowledge they drive away with their crap, but then again, I don't think they care.

And cast, this post wasn't directed at you, at the weenies in general. Just wanted to make sure you didn't think I meant you, lol.

I mean, you've clearly expressed that you prefer a posting style that spreads misinformation, hypes, wishcasts, and produces a high volume of posts. That's cool. That's not what this subforum is all about. I don't see why you feel the need to come in here and make snide comments about it.

Must be confusing me with someone else.   

I haven't noticed any weenie'ism posts from myself in this section so far.   Nothing about misinformation, hype, wishcasts, etc.

maybe in the NYC thread last night around 3am....( 1 or 2 posts about the NAM) , but that was about it.

I don't get what the hell is so hard about not posting every single weenie thought that comes in your head, if you don't know what you're talking about. I don't know jack about forecasting winter events, so what do I do? Not post unless its obs time. It's not hard at all, people need to sit back and learn. I've done a hell of a lot of it on this board and Eastern since 2007, and learned a lot. That's why I'm always grateful we have mets like HM, Adam, Ray, Mt Holly mets, etc. posting here. It's bad that weenies in other forums don't realize the knowledge they drive away with their crap, but then again, I don't think they care.

And cast, this post wasn't directed at you, at the weenies in general. Just wanted to make sure you didn't think I meant you, lol.

They put more weight into the JMA's thoughts than a met's thoughts. Most of them really don't deserve to have mets post there.

This sums up what some weenie-dominated subforums really are... (sorry if anyone is offended, but I love George Carlin...  warning: foul language, not work safe)

Must be confusing me with someone else.   

I haven't noticed any weenie'ism posts from myself in this section so far.   Nothing about misinformation, hype, wishcasts, etc.

maybe in the NYC thread last night around 3am....( 1 or 2 posts about the NAM) , but that was about it.

you should go ahead and tell these guys what you really think of them

All I can say is that Mt Holly did a good job with what they have.  The main issue IMHO  is that warning criteria needs to be reverted in the LV back to four inches.  We have not met this criteria in almost three years. With the increase in urbanization, population and a major distribution and transportation corridor this is a luxury we cannot longer afford. Mt. Holly, please change the warning criteria back -- Allentown does NOT  get six inch snows anymore

All I can say is that Mt Holly did a good job with what they have.  The main issue IMHO  is that warning criteria needs to be reverted in the LV back to four inches.  We have not met this criteria in almost three years. With the increase in urbanization, population and a major distribution and transportation corridor this is a luxury we cannot longer afford. Mt. Holly, please change the warning criteria back -- Allentown does NOT  get six inch snows anymore

I don't recall the warning criteria in the LV ever being 4 inches?  Maybe Tony Gigi knows better.

The main issue IMHO  is that warning criteria needs to be reverted in the LV back to four inches.  We have not met this criteria in almost three years. With the increase in urbanization, population and a major distribution and transportation corridor this is a luxury we cannot longer afford. Mt. Holly, please change the warning criteria back -- Allentown does NOT  get six inch snows anymore

I do not think the warning criteria was 4 inches there. At least in the 10 years I have been at Mount Holly.

Archived