joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 6-7 banter thread

tombo82685

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news is it is march and spring and i could care less that my 1-3" didn't materialize. Sounds like it went badly in DC land? What stumps me is how both ecm and gfs overdid qpf there was no way to win with this one

They did overdo it, but seem to generally have been superior to the competition.  In fact, from my recollection of how guidance looked overall, taking a GFS/EC blend and NOT believing the dynamical cooling potential would get you another few degrees would've won in many areas snow-wise.  If you assumed it would not be sticking if the model surface temps were 34, then you would be hard pressed to forecast much snow at DCA.  Might've still been overdone but it wouldn't have been a big bust.

I dare to ask, but anyone want to venture on Thursday night possibilities? NAM overdoing precip i suspect, what about Euro? Looks more of a north and east event for our CWA

Yea as of now i would lean towards northern and northeast jersey maybe down to ttn. I think everyone will see some snow showers or what not but the meaningful stuff should be up that way.

I think the evidence above speaks for itself.  She trashed the Philly forum for a really poor reason.  It's ok to beat up on me for my stupid comment...I'm not perfect.  That said, I don't think she did herself any favors by trashing a pretty good group of mods who aren't really that strict but do believe in quality over quantity.

If you prefer a group that thinks the NAM computer model is all that and thinks that there are going to be "two storms" from the coastal, there are other subforums that may be better suited for those who like that.   That type of stuff isn't welcome in this subforum by the mods...and it makes for that high standard.

Trashing that by saying "I guess my post is getting deleted" and other crap isn't going to do anyone any favors.

You have my support. I constantly brag about this sub-forum in the staff forum because of how much we have improved since the "how much for Philly" days of WWBB and Eastern.

EC does have precip too and all models show a BL which is (shockingly) actually cold enough to support it.  At this point my suspicions are that at least northeastern areas will see more snow with that than they will see tonight.

Yea as of now i would lean towards northern and northeast jersey maybe down to ttn. I think everyone will see some snow showers or what not but the meaningful stuff should be up that way.

thanks guys. I know we're all scarred from today, hopefully tomorrow's not a rerun

The regulars on here all did a fantastic job. Ray's NAM graphic was more accurate than anything!

Remember in the longer ranges when some certain mets were comparing this week to 1993 and 1960?

Major LOL

From mt holly regarding their latest snow map and the norlun

"Yes, this does not include the Thursday night, Friday morning wrap-around. Looks like 1 to 4 inches northeast of a line from Lehighton-Allentown-Doylestown-Toms river. The Thursday night precipitation should not have temperature concerns (like today). There its more of a question as to how much precip wraps around."

The regulars on here all did a fantastic job. Ray's NAM graphic was more accurate than anything!

Remember in the longer ranges when some certain mets were comparing this week to 1993 and 1960?

Major LOL

Can't wait to see that certain met claim victory because of the pattern :lol:

I feel bad for dca crew. It takes years to get over a bust like that. I get chills just thinking about it.

I was down there (DC) today for a business meeting. It was snowing hard this morning but it didn't even accumulate on the grass. I told everyone about the BL and marginall cold air issues. Everyone thought I was smart.....LOL

Gotta be, he pulled this I'm a girl crap the last sock he used, and he's riding the NAM like usual. He should really try to make it less obvious.

funny that he's degraded at the same rate as the NAM. He, too, used to be good.

Eh, I disagree, the only good thing was his grill pics, lol.

Eh, I disagree, the only good thing was his grill pics, lol.

yeah i do miss those grill pic's but thats about it.

Was he the one who used to berate Mount Holly about not issuing Freezing Rain Advisories for his elevation?  Yeah maybe he wasn't that great after all...

This describes the snow aspect of this storm   :facepalm: :facepalm:. , Even thinking the NAM/SREF had some indication of being on the right track send me down the wrong way. I'll be out of town for DLOC training next week, might not be on the boards much till I get back. Coastal flooding and high winds were high impact though. 

Archived