Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

He's been horribly wrong all year. Especially the other non event 3/3

This time , Stunningly, he is ignoring the King all together and argues the GFS and EURO say the same thing so will go with GFS which says a glancing blow or a miss because pattern is too progressive? REALLY? it may very well play out that way but dont you owe it to your customers oh BY THE WAY the Euro ensembles have many hits that indicate a mega storm maybe on the way? Maybe mention the Euro came in with .75 for KNYC. well, what do I know Im just an amateur ;)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess he hasn't seen the latest euro yet

He and Mike Ventrice are good friends and both agree this comes up the arctic boundary which is closer to the coast not the polar front .

Hang in there , lets see what this looks like when this gets sampled .

LOL-b/c that's the final solution? 0z runs of the Euro have been unimpressive, agree. Let's see how today's 12z runs does...if it flips to that scenario, I'd worry a bit more.

My point I guess is he tends to find the snowiest model solution and latch on to that. I'm not saying he should model hug but the 0z could happen just as likely as the 12z

people using the March 1984 bomb better look at what the AO index was then and what it is now...March 1984 featured a very negative AO pattern leading up to the March 28th-29th event...This year the ao is very positive...The nao turned negative about a week before the storm...the nao is positive now and is forecast to remain so for now...the pna was positive then and negative now and forecast to be near slightly negative...The storm was a 24 hour event with temperatures just above freezing in the city...this year will have more cold air to work with...It won't be a 1984 type storm...If anything it will be a 2014 type storm...where it goes is anyones guess at this point...

people using the March 1984 bomb better look at what the AO index was then and what it is now...March 1984 featured a very negative AO pattern leading up to the March 28th-29th event...This year the ao is very positive...The nao turned negative about a week before the storm...the nao is positive now and is forecast to remain so for now...the pna was positive then and negative now and forecast to be near slightly negative...The storm was a 24 hour event with temperatures just above freezing in the city...this year will have more cold air to work with...It won't be a 1984 type storm...If anything it will be a 2014 type storm...where it goes is anyones guess at this point...

I guess you meant me :cry:

I don't normally pay attention to JB but...

Joe Bastardi ‏@BigJoeBastardi 53s 108 hour ecmwf ensembles have strong neg tilt trough west of 85 west! Surface jump out to sea weird given wavelength, SST!

i think its next to impossible to make a definite accurate call on this storm because of the timing questions and interactions between various moving parts including the trough positioning  that will not be answered for another day or 2 or maybe even 3

Just a quick question, can you be called a meteorologist at  TV or radio station if you have the AMS seal of approval? Or is it easier than that or harder? The only actual CBM's I know of are Rich Hoffman and Vanessa Murdock.

I've seen some bad forecasters who have that AMS seal so I don't think it means much... do you have a degree?

this is steven D or STD as I call him.  STD has been calling for no storm for days which is his opinion and I respect that.   What I do not respect is when he lies!

Good Morning everyone!

Much colder conditions are in place today and even colder weather is on the way for tomorrow! Meteorologist Erin Budden will have the updates this morning. Meteorologist Steven DiMartino will have the Daily Video Discussion and Premium Discussion out this afternoon after the 12Z models to handle the potential storm. Note, all the 00Z models have shifted significantly to the east. Updates on the way!!

this is steven D or STD as I call him.  STD has been calling for no storm for days which is his opinion and I respect that.   What I do not respect is when he lies!

Good Morning everyone!

Much colder conditions are in place today and even colder weather is on the way for tomorrow! Meteorologist Erin Budden will have the updates this morning. Meteorologist Steven DiMartino will have the Daily Video Discussion and Premium Discussion out this afternoon after the 12Z models to handle the potential storm. Note, all the 00Z models have shifted significantly to the east. Updates on the way!!

Really misleading and terrible.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived