Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 3

Brewers

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yikes:

Agreed. Wrong terminology but my concern was we would never get this over to snow and in the end it pretty much began as snow and accumulated very quickly. If we could have got 4-5 more hours of this would have really been a nice storm. A lot of the concerns about temps. Etc. turned out not to be an issue.

It's unreal what's going on over here in Iowa.  I've never seen anything like this.  Been ripping snow within a stationary band all day just nw of Cedar Rapids.  Meanwhile, the moderate to heavy band moving up from the southeast stalled out in the Quad Cities.  There is a bone dry 30 mile wide wedge in between the two heavy snow bands where not one single flake of snow has fallen.  These wet/dry bands are not moving an inch.  Reports from the Waterloo are are nearing warning snow totals now.

It's unreal what's going on over here in Iowa.  I've never seen anything like this.  Been ripping snow within a stationary band all day just nw of Cedar Rapids.  Meanwhile, the moderate to heavy band moving up from the southeast stalled out in the Quad Cities.  There is a bone dry 30 mile wide wedge in between the two heavy snow bands where not one single flake of snow has fallen.  These wet/dry bands are not moving an inch.  Reports from the Waterloo are are nearing warning snow totals now.

I've seen a few flakes while I was at work and I just recently saw a few flakes.

Not feeling too good about big snow prospects here. Temps around Hamilton range from 1.5°C to 4°C though they seem to be levelling off/dropping slowly. I think we're going to be dealing with rain a lot longer than anticipated. Probably 12-18cm here max unless something unexpected happens.

It's still 3°C where I'm at.  :yikes:

Also haven't seen a peep of the sun all day. Typical Hamilton weather.

How far north is the band now? Sorry no access to radar now

pretty light snow now..  started around 2 as flurries on my way home from waukesha.  no clue what radar looks like as you know I don't look as for not to piss myself off during an event.

whoa..  16 pages since I left this am.  Good lucks and I hope all is going well for Chicago and everybody else so far.  IC Madison snuck their way in to an advisory to now..  unreal, well not really.

Archived