e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 3

Brewers

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 4 PM, 2.9 at YYZ, 2.7 on the Island, and 2.8 on my thermometer. Pretty uniform spread. You may do pretty well OB; with evaporative cooling at precip onset you'll be in good shape I reckon.

I'm sitting at 2.3C in my area. 

I suspect temperatures will begin dropping soon, as the wind begins shifting and the coastal begins taking over. 

Precip should move in around 8-9 and by then the Sun will be long gone. 

Probably more like 1-2" per hour. Hopefully changeover just few hours away

It's close to flipping over. Have faith. 

Well, considering the temps 3-4" would not accumulate in an hour, but I just meant as far as the amount falling would be comparable. At least the sun is setting pretty quickly. That will help.

Hopefully this is like that storm a couple of Decembers ago when it started out pouring rain for several hours, then switched over and the area got 5-7" of snow.

The best, most accurate radar is on weather.com.....It shows you exactly where its snowing/raining/sleeting etc...and the switch does not look close to Detroit, it is mostly west of 23...ATM...I think it will switch but around 7-9pm based on the rap, which was showing this rain/warm air yesterday most of the day...

from LOT

0230 PM HEAVY SNOW 3 WNW BULL VALLEY 42.33N 88.40W

02/26/2013 M5.5 INCH MCHENRY IL COCORAHS

2.1 INCHES IN PAST HOUR UP TO TIME OF REPORT. FOLLOW UP CALL WITH BULL VALLEY PD INDICATED NUMEROUS MOTORISTS STRANDED ON SIDE OF ROADWAYS AND NUMEROUS ACCIDENTS. AGENCIES HAVE GONE TO THEIR EMERGENCY SNOW PLAN. PLOWS CANNOT KEEP UP WITH SNOW DUE TO SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING.

As of 4 PM, 2.9 at YYZ, 2.7 on the Island, and 2.8 on my thermometer. Pretty uniform spread. You may do pretty well OB; with evaporative cooling at precip onset you'll be in good shape I reckon.

Temps dropped another 0.8C in the last hour. At 1.1 now. Euro had YKF at 1.1 at 7pm so this is a good sign.

I'm sitting at 2.3C in my area. 

I suspect temperatures will begin dropping soon, as the wind begins shifting and the coastal begins taking over. 

Precip should move in around 8-9 and by then the Sun will be long gone. 

Yes, I often seem to be among the coldest locations in Toronto proper (as opposed to York region). I often wonder if being right by the Rouge River Valley plays a part in this?

The best, most accurate radar is on weather.com.....It shows you exactly where its snowing/raining/sleeting etc...and the switch does not look close to Detroit, it is mostly west of 23...ATM...I think it will switch but around 7-9pm based on the rap, which was showing this rain/warm air yesterday most of the day...

DTW is mixing. DET is close to mixing. I wouldnt base anything off of those radars. 

DTW is mixing. DET is close to mixing. I wouldnt base anything off of those radars. 

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/48312:4?interactiveMapLayer=radar&baseMap=r&zoom=7

This radar is very accurate...Its showing Romulus mixing right now, which is being reporter...

And honestly DTW is mixing due to the intensity rate of the prcp..

from LOT

0230 PM HEAVY SNOW 3 WNW BULL VALLEY 42.33N 88.40W

02/26/2013 M5.5 INCH MCHENRY IL COCORAHS

2.1 INCHES IN PAST HOUR UP TO TIME OF REPORT. FOLLOW UP CALL WITH BULL VALLEY PD INDICATED NUMEROUS MOTORISTS STRANDED ON SIDE OF ROADWAYS AND NUMEROUS ACCIDENTS. AGENCIES HAVE GONE TO THEIR EMERGENCY SNOW PLAN. PLOWS CANNOT KEEP UP WITH SNOW DUE TO SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING.

Parents live in the Valley. Heading there now. Backroads FTW. Barrington Hills.

post-855-13619137444.jpg

Archived