joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 3

Brewers

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dreaded subsidence over DSM, now just east of the death band. Ames getting raked.

Even with it settling in, we've gotten quite the unexpected show today so I can't complain. Ames may beat DSM in totals with how it's settled over them since it died off here.

Eh, surface temps will be solidly above freezing (mid 30's). It'll melt on contact. Mood setter, nothing more.

I think a good way to figure out amounts would be to assume that much of what falls overnight/early morning will stick and basically disregard everything else due to uncertainties about temps/precip rates. So in that case I would not be surprised if we pick up an inch or two overnight/tomorrow. But yeah, not the greatest confidence.

I think a good way to figure out amounts would be to assume that much of what falls overnight/early morning will stick and basically disregard everything else due to uncertainties about temps/precip rates. So in that case I would not be surprised if we pick up an inch or two overnight/tomorrow. But yeah, not the greatest confidence.

There's our donut hole for tomorrow afternoon/evening.  :axe:

Snow starting to pick up a bit here.  Big heavy flakes falling right now. 

No real wind yet, but the rate of snow fall is increasing as I sit and watch it from my home office.  (At least, I can watch the weather while I work)

Down to 31 degrees locally since my last post. 

Winds are E @ 12 right now.

Archived