• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Feb 16-17 Threat

ORH_wxman

Will continue the htread here as the other one was getting very long and going off topic....

12z runs today support a general 2-4" type snow across much of SNE with potential for higher amounts in eastern MA and RI from the coastal that tries to graze the area on Saturday night and Sunday morning.

GFS/GEFS: Big hit for eastern areas (10"+) on the coastal potion of the low and it is also the most agressive with round 1 early on Saturday with 2-4" alone from that over the interior.

GGEM: Basically a tamed down version of the GFS/GEFS...looked like 1-3" from the Sat morning stuff and perhaps 2-4/3-5 over eastern MA/RI from the coastal.

Ukie: 1-3"...most of it from round 1, though it does give perhaps another 1-3" for the east from the coastal.

Euro: Kind of like the GGEM. Almost similar amounts perhaps longer duration and slightly lower rates.

Still some time on this as its a close call for larger amounts...but right now, the GFS/GEFS are not supported by other guidance on their aggressive solution.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will continue the htread here as the other one was getting very long and going off topic....

12z runs today support a general 2-4" type snow across much of SNE with potential for higher amounts in eastern MA and RI from the coastal that tries to graze the area on Saturday night and Sunday morning.

GFS/GEFS: Big hit for eastern areas (10"+) on the coastal potion of the low and it is also the most agressive with round 1 early on Saturday with 2-4" alone from that over the interior.

GGEM: Basically a tamed down version of the GFS/GEFS...looked like 1-3" from the Sat morning stuff and perhaps 2-4/3-5 over eastern MA/RI from the coastal.

Ukie: 1-3"...most of it from round 1, though it does give perhaps another 1-3" for the east from the coastal.

Euro: Kind of like the GGEM. Almost similar amounts perhaps longer duration and slightly lower rates.

Still some time on this as its a close call for larger amounts...but right now, the GFS/GEFS are not supported by other guidance on their aggressive solution.

Thanks for the recap/ score card. Just hoping for something to stop the bleeding, as Dryslot said earlier. Snowpack carnage out there.

euro is .37" at CHH. nam was like .6....gfs something stupid like 1.3" mush them all together...weight toward euro....maybe 3-6, 4-8? 

i do think the western flank of this could have a nice band of snows...maybe it scrape west into BOS

exactly. I cannot see all the levels yet either, nor do I really care to but it's a little obvious that it was "close" early in that run just based on what it does down the coast. One of those deals where we won't see a lock until Saturday or later tonight.

For you and I...between 20-30" in a week possible...not too shabby.

exactly. I cannot see all the levels yet either, nor do I really care to but it's a little obvious that it was "close" early in that run just based on what it does down the coast. One of those deals where we won't see a lock until Saturday or later tonight.

For you and I...between 20-30" in a week possible...not too shabby.

how much did you get last weekend? figured you had to be at least 18"-ish +/- ?

how much did you get last weekend? figured you had to be at least 18"-ish +/- ?

Phil, I'll go with 20".  We got it good Saturday it really saved the show.  I posted some of the radar grabs here, that one band just sat over us for hours and hours with 1-2" per hour snows.  The NWS employee in east sandwich had 17"...and they were out of that band most of the time, so I'm feeling good about 20" which might actually be low.

Not suprised, would put it 50/50 that we see some flakes after the EURO had nothing.

-skisheep

its ok sw of nyc but much less up here. around .1 and temps are marginal at best upton says .03 of snow with rd one and .18 liquid so its basically a non event according to them.

Archived