• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Feb 16-17 Threat

ORH_wxman

nice hit on the usually more tame 12km version of the 18z btv wrf meso  belivable IMO for the FIRST event. Actually becoming confident advisory levels are met easily in a stripe, maybe 6 or so

.....has been consistent for 2 cycles (may mean nothing) but eye raising to me to show this narrow thrust of precip from SW CT thru N central CT up thru N orh into Nashua.  .5 + to springfield by 1am ?!!  then the band continues over on line to nash tomm late am. with .5 +......with a few weenie lolli's to .75.  tapers off quickly on either side of that line. but man could be a intersting meso set up tonite where the best forcing sets up. i mention this bc this is less than 12 hrs out and this is a more meso scale event and this model is really hittin it for some areas in a fairly narrow swath. click on 24 qpf.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/html/12kmwrf/index.php

this model also likes messengers area on east for .5 to 1.0 qpf in second event.  with .25 from S shore to ktan to SE ri... SE ward. obv a swing 50 miles puts more in the game or all out but as we've said bears some watching.

I would think this model may have better handle on the first event given the meso scale nature while i wouldn't hold my breath on its handling of the coastal. I'll leave that to the euro /gfs 70/30 blend.   

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might end up beign a pretty good weenie band from the first round over the interior. The parameters look pretty good for it looking at the mesoanalysis ad the RAP forecasts for the next 9-12 hours or so.

do you see the best paramaters setting up from like DXR to Springfield over to (you/dave) toward KASH? or somewhere else... and is confidence decent where this occurs in your opinon

do you see the best paramaters setting up from like DXR to Springfield over to (you/dave) toward KASH? or somewhere else... and is confidence decent where this occurs in your opinon

I think initially it will set up over NW areas but shift a bit E with time...I like the Berkshires to N ORH hills on this.

Pickles - you obsess about the placement of snow. Are you planning on driving to the best spot?

it's a wx forum and there is a cool  meso scale event taking place

i want to know where best forcing is setting up and wether that location has decent confidence. 

i'm not drivin anywhere but i think the event tonite deserves more attention ....i think more posters will be happy bout this round tonite.....like chris m ....codfishblah blah blah over to hubbdave and maybe even the fellas in sterling, ma  southbridge and where ever else in rural central mass we got peeps.

it's like when i stay'd up to watch the band drop a quick 4-5 inches of snow over S ri /S mass the other nite, i want to learn and i want to know wtf is likely to be going on. but i see a few signs tonite that ....what occurs tonite will actually be better than the near miss coastal that everyone's been focused on. i was actually impressed with some things trending  tonite

NAM really never stops precip for central areas once the first band moves in, NAM has light snow all day tomorrow.. interesting

I like the outcome, the 8-12 hour period overnight is a bit dubious in the deep south ( I don't think it's strong enough to be honest).  We'll see. I think it's  just picking up on the s/w in the northern GOM that the RAP has while slowing down the system trying to move through TN.  The net result is a negative tilt.  It's a much, much better solution.

Still too far to the east considering the H5 setup.

I don't think we can worry about that until the morning.  I like this tonight, I hope other guidance supports the idea of a slower escape of the s/w.  Will lead to a more negative tilt.  We aren't far off in this solution from a real big storm.  

The NAM adjusted west pretty significantly and I'd argue it's still too far east based on the fact I think it'll prove to be too weak in the south overnight into Saturday.  Typhoon's point apply about the baro zone being too far east in earlier NAM runs.

Archived