CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Friday February 8th Storm Potential

Edge Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing this soley for the late nighters and leaving it up only for a limited time...but here is the 00z Euro at 78 hours (left) and 84 hours (right). If it verified, slam dunk significant snowstorm for almost the entire area.

attachicon.gifeurofeb62012.png

This does seem to have a similar evolution and intensity as the Lindsay storm as modeled by the ecm.  Its good to have a threat within 60 hours to track.

WOW, Just looked at EURO, much colder, borderline for me in Philly, close call..I have stormvista euro too, earthlight you're more familiar with these graphics. Knowing EURO tendencies etc do you think verbatim Philly goes over to snow quick enough for 6+?

On this run it would be close, it really wants to build back the precip as the CCB develops.

That northern stream vort just dives in hard to capture the storm thanks to the ridge out west coming in stronger.

Another trend like this and we get nuked

Another trend like this and large section of the Northeast gets nuked, not just this area.

If that southern stream impulse slows just a tad (or if the northern stream impulse decides to deepen a bit further west)...

The Euro is usually king in these situations especially at this range it's almost unbeatable. I know it has one fluky run every once in a while but it's been fairly consistent with this one. However given the way this winter has gone so far, I'm extremely cautious about what the Euro shows so I'm not going to get excited because I'm not trying to get burned again.

We need most of the accurate models showing the Euro solution over the next 1-2 days for this to truly be the real deal. 

Next run of the GFS is key. 18z was a hiccup. 00z GFS came around somewhat, but still had the primary holding on too late in the game.

The Euro is usually king in these situations especially at this range it's almost unbeatable. I know it has one fluky run every once in a while but it's been fairly consistent with this one. However given the way this winter has gone so far, I'm extremely cautious about what the Euro shows so I'm not going to get excited because I'm not trying to get burned again.

We need most of the accurate models showing the Euro solution over the next 1-2 days for this to truly be the real deal. 

I can't say I'm surprised by tonight's EC. With that cold high sitting up there, it was surprising to me that the American models have been as mild as they have been. Also, the northern stream is clearly loaded with energy and the break between this evening's clipper and the next one a little longer/wider--leaving room for the phase-up with our newly invigorated southern stream energy.

WX/PT

Archived