• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday February 8th Storm Potential

Edge Weather

I wouldnt get too gassed up over a high res model at 66 - 72  hrs out , if it shows that inside 48 hours then you would have to take it into account .

The NAM @ 72 hrs is just a bit at the end of its envlope . I dont even care what the GFS shows tonite ( blizzard or torch ) . I  wana see if there`s continuity on tonites Euro . Thats where im making my bets .

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is starting to look a little similar to the March 2001 debacle. Not necessarily in the H5 pattern, but just the general outcome in terms of weenie gnashing of teeth and snow most north of the big cities (except for Boston). 

This is much more likely to miss than anything, I cannot see anyway this is phased close enough for 1-2 foot snows well inland.

Primary holds on to long and the phase is a bit late

Overdoing primaries and delaying phases at this range is a GFS trademark bias. I don't buy it. Euro run will hopefully improve upon it's 12z even further than it did as far as an earlier phase. Add to that the GFS low resolution being unable to pick up dynamics this far out and one can easily believe that this will become even more favorable for snowier solutions as we get closer.

Archived