joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday February 8th Storm Potential

Edge Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised all of you optimists are belittling for what the Nam shows rather than the huge changes it made from previous runs. Usually huge shifts like that don't just stop after one run, but I need to see if the gfs does the same.

It messed up on this run. It didn't phase the S/W and it was suppose to.

I'm surprised all of you optimists are belittling for what the Nam shows rather than the huge changes it made from previous runs. Usually huge shifts like that don't just stop after one run, but I need to see if the gfs does the same. 

My hunch is the GFS is going to mainly miss wide right, not sure that will be the end result but I'm not convinced its going to make any sort of big shift west.

My hunch is the GFS is going to mainly miss wide right, not sure that will be the end result but I'm not convinced its going to make any sort of big shift west.

Unfortunately I think that will happen too. I'm not convinced but I am interested to see what it shows. 

The Nam does look a bit odd but after 48 hrs it can show crazy solutions. I thought it was going to phase as well. There's a lot of energy in the streams so I'm not surprised the Euro showed those amounts as a result of a phased solution, but I don't think it will phase in time for us. 

I believe the GFS will show more phasing, but it will be shy of the ECMWF, by tomorrows 12Z or 00Z run we should see thefull  phase up.  As for NYC's snow that is a bit more problematic until later Friday, by then the cold air should come back in,  It could either be rain and or snow during the day Friday, depending on storm track and intensity and when the 850 low over the SE takes over from the Great lakes 850 low.

Archived