CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Friday February 8th Storm Potential

Edge Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any snow at all for Baltimore on this run?.

Possibly some light accumulations between 78-84 hours as the storm bombs out offshore. The Euro has a pretty expansive QPF shield as the phase occurs and whatever warm air was there has collapsed by that point. So I suppose there could be a few inches if this run was correct.

Possibly some light accumulations between 78-84 hours as the storm bombs out offshore. The Euro has a pretty expansive QPF shield as the phase occurs and whatever warm air was there has collapsed by that point. So I suppose there could be a few inches if this run was correct.

Well as bad as this sounds I would take that in a heartbeat. I have not seen a snowstorm of 2" in over 2 years now. Thanks.

There's also much less warm air advection ahead of the northern stream shortwave, so the separation of the two streams helped pretty dramatically this run as the northern stream wave ends up diving farther southeast. The track and general placement of features is pretty similar to the Euro Ens from 12z...just obviously much more dramatic with the QPF/etc compared to the Ens mean.

Archived