12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Friday February 8th Storm Potential

Edge Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats more unlikely then JB's 1-2 feet at this point!!! We can easily get an inch or two on the front and back ends all the way to the coast.

Way to much hype either way!!!!

i disagree - Kasper does not hype anything- plus the indicies do not support a big snowstorm here

In my opinion, it is too early to throw out blizzard or near blizzard conditions, just too much uncertainty, especially since the general public thinks 'blizzard' means 'obscene snow totals'.

No Blizzard conditions is great than 6 inches of accumulation with sustained winds of 35 mph over a 6 hr period . and  Long Island will easily reach that .

12 is a possibility in some spots on th back end as per Euro .

So they have to alert people based on what there definition is .

No Blizzard conditions is great than 6 inches of accumulation with sustained winds of 35 mph over a 6 hr period . and  Long Island will easily reach that .

12 is a possibility in some spots on th back end as per Euro .

I know that, what the general public thinks is another story.

Edit: Actually, blizzard doesn't require 6 inches of accumulation, you can have a blizzard in clear skies.

I know that, what the general public thinks is another story.

Edit: Actually, blizzard doesn't require 6 inches of accumulation, you can have a blizzard in clear skies.

5) BLIZZARD WARNING

This is issued for a combination of strong winds averaging or frequently gusting to, or above, 35 miles an hour and very low visibility due to blowing or falling snow. These are the most dangerous winter storms and can be especially severe when combined with temperatures below 10 degrees.    , yeh no mention of accum

No Blizzard conditions is great than 6 inches of accumulation with sustained winds of 35 mph over a 6 hr period . and Long Island will easily reach that .

12 is a possibility in some spots on th back end as per Euro .

So they have to alert people based on what there definition is .

There is no snow accumulation criteria for blizzard conditions. The official criteria is at least 3 hours with visibility under 1/4 mile and sustained winds/frequent gusts to 35 mph or higher.

I don't forecast all these men mentioned above are seasoned pros lets see who verifies. those ocm mets are salaried J.B is not and he's not shy on his reasoning where the other men cannot speak there mind so he is at a disadvantage they don't explain themselves at least both joes tell you details not a good comparison . I'm not an apologist for anyone i would love for weatherbell to verifie snowgasm eruption no doubt see ya.

HEY EASTER BUNNY BOY .....

I thnk you can ask a number of people how good i`ve been over this whole winter , and listen troll , i will abuse you everytime you post , I wouldnt tangle with me - I will follow every one of you`re posts and make you look like the fotstool that you are .

Alan Casper will look like a fool if he`s calling for all RAIN IN NYC AND LONG ISLAND.

Now prop my legs up - i need a rest .

5) BLIZZARD WARNING

This is issued for a combination of strong winds averaging or frequently gusting to, or above, 35 miles an hour and very low visibility due to blowing or falling snow. These are the most dangerous winter storms and can be especially severe when combined with temperatures below 10 degrees.    , yeh no mention of accum

Temperatures are also no longer relevant.

The euro is really the only model showing a major NYC snowstorm and that is why kasper, upton, etc is being very cautious. Gfs isn't showing it, rgem isn't showing it, nam isn't, ukmet isn't, the canadian isn't, you get the picture. And no pro mets really consider the jma to be even close to a reliable model. If my reputation was on the line I would not use the ecmwf either against all the other models especially given its track record this season.

The Euro will toast the GFS with this. It rains in most places after the onset ,But theres a tremendous amount of CCB from the city out onto Long Island .

Upton isnt calling for pot blizzard conditions Fri without the complete understanding that the Euro prints out 1.5 inches of QPF with minus 5 air and 55 mph winds ,

NYC accumulates out of the this on the backside , and if people are still arguing over that , you cant be helped

0Z CONTROL RUN OF THE EURO JUST CAME IN AND HAS ALL OF NJ, SE NY, NYC, LONG ISLAND, CONNECTICUT AS 2.5-3.0 INCHES OF PRECIP WITH 850'S BELOW 0 CRASHING OFF SHORE.  DEEPENS TO A 978MB AND STALLS IN PERFECT LOCATION. Yes, it could start as rain in some locations, but the majority of this storm will be snow everywhere.  Unreal.  I strongly the believe the Euro operational run will keep trending toward this, as it has on the prior two runs now.  Unreal. 

CONTROL RUN OF THE EURO NOW HAS ALL OF NJ, SE NY, NYC, LONG ISLAND, CONNECTICUT AS 2.5-3.0 INCHES OF PRECIP WITH 850'S BELOW CRASHING OFF SHORE.  DEEPENS TO A 978MB AND STALLS IN PERFECT LOCATION. Yes, it could start as rain in some locations, but the majority of this storm will be snow everywhere.  Unreal.  I strongly the believe the Euro operational run will keep trending toward this, as it has on the prior two runs now.  Unreal. 

As ridiculous as it sounds, it may very well be onto something.

Archived