• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 2-3 Clipper Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

Probably asking too much but what I would really like to see is a widespread 2 plus with one of these. It would make things a little more right all things considered. Pattern has the ingredients for sure bit the timing has to go just right.

4 chances to do it. If all 4 fail then we just plain suck at snow beyond repair.

I like tomorrow night more than most, really like Monday though. Tuesday looks good on Euro, GFS no. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like tomorrow night more than most, really like Monday though. Tuesday looks good on Euro, GFS no.

This is what makes the pattern fun. Lotsa chances at something modest happening. Its like buying 5 one dollar scratch tickets instead of one 5 dollar one. Yea the 5 dollar one has the biggest prize but having 5 chances at a smaller prize has better odds. We need better odds because our stats are in the crapper.

Good stuff Bob lol, so what do you think of the next one million, I mean 4 vorts this week.

As is it looks pretty average imo. I'm hoping some of the hires sr models pick up on some sort of help with dynamics. Kinda like what the rap started seeing with this morning's. We need some improvement if anyone expects to get more than an inch. Plenty of time though. These things are tricky little features and models are much smarter than weenies.

RAP does place some areas in measurable precip for several hours. Not out of the question some areas get dusted. The ground will be receptive to snow flakes. Down to 8.7 here last night. Cold. 15.6 now.

What is the best map to look at on the RAP? I find the QPF depiction confusing with the yellow squiggle lines

Archived