• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb 2-3 Clipper Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

Well, then there's the fact that the difference between .06 and .09 is so small that it doesn't really matter anyways.  It's not like we're talking about .64 vs .12

Its also the euro which is a global, and the fact that it has .09 for the 4th threat is good as these are mainly small scale events. To be honest, we've done decently well with some places overperforming and such. I feel as though all of them will trend wetter, especially the threat involving SS interaction for moisture advection/transport northward into the "low" or vort. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take it brotha. A heavy band will drop .5" in no time as evidenced by this AM. That one not as heavy, but hey. I just want .3 tomorrow and .7 Sunday to make an inch. 

But the NAM looks decent at 84hrs for that event. Maybe we can swing for the fences and have someone in the area get another 1 to 2 inches. It will probably be less than that but we can hope.

Yeah it does. We gotta cash in once. Though I guess you did this morning. What's the record for clippers in a winter? :P

But the NAM looks decent at 84hrs for that event. Maybe we can swing for the fences and have someone in the area get another 1 to 2 inches.  It will probably be less than that but we can hope. 

Judging by the HiRes NAM, since its been performing well as of late, I'd say tomorrow could have 3-4 hours of snow really 1-2 hours of accumulating stuff, .5-1" tops. For sunday, shows some snow bands, so I could see some squally bands like Wes talked about coming in that drops down a couple quick rounds of coatings. Additionally, the 3rd threat for 2/5 looks good with the vort, with downstream threat 4 on NAM looking healthy. I think the Eastern shore if anyone could exceed an inch tomorrow night with some enhancement. 

Definitely not buying the GFS petering out over us, but looks good initially and I'll take it at this range. Gets southern moisture injection, so I like. NAM was nice. Vort looks good. 

Definitely not buying the GFS petering out over us, but looks good initially and I'll take it at this range. Gets southern moisture injection, so I like. NAM was nice. Vort looks good. 

otoh, hard not to believe it won't do the same things the rest of the clippers have done if that's what the GFS is ultimately showing

Gfs has mild surprise written all over it. Just maybe someone inside of a beltway somewhere gets more than 2 inches in under 6 hours. Is it really this dang hard nowadays?

For tomorrow night? 

I don't fookin believe that will happen for one iota. 

Hard to pin down. Lots of little things zipping along. But all seem to be aimed at us in some form or another.

I'll be stoked if the rap starts spitting out some surface reflection with any one of them. I want Rockville to be dover.

Looking at the radar, I think the RAP when it gets in range could deliver for you (on a smaller scale). 

Hard to pin down. Lots of little things zipping along. But all seem to be aimed at us in some form or another.

I'll be stoked if the rap starts spitting out some surface reflection with any one of them. I want Rockville to be dover.

I know they did well this morning; what did they get officially if you know?

Looking at the radar, I think the RAP when it gets in rane could deliver for you (on a smaller scale).

Probably asking too much but what I would really like to see is a widespread 2 plus with one of these. It would make things a little more right all things considered. Pattern has the ingredients for sure bit the timing has to go just right.

4 chances to do it. If all 4 fail then we just plain suck at snow beyond repair.

Archived