Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Snow threats for the mountains.

Met1985

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm under a WWA for 1 to 2 inches of moderate to heavy snow.  I've said it before, but I'm perfectly happy getting smaller events regularly.  Historic snow is fun of course but I never count on the big ones.  This pattern is just fine and dandy as far as I'm concerned.

Ya I was thinking getting a couple nice events with 2-4 inches is great. A couple of those and you can easily pick up some storm totals of 5-10 inches just depending were you are. Ya as long as it feels and looks like winter I am happy. Also I have noticed the they have really extended the WWA over that way in TN. Looks like this event will be pretty good for many.

Sad to say that the next 72 hrs may be almost = to my snow total for the whole winter. That being said.....bring on the snow!

Here Here Don I agree bring it! Looking further down the road you really have to love this current pattern setting up. Looks like every couple of days we could see some kind of snow in the mountains. Looking down the road there maybe something coming in around the 5th.

Anyone know the snowiest town in North Carolina? I dont mean a mountain top like Grandfather or Beech or Mt Mitchell. ..LOL  Would it be Banner Elk?

I know in Virginia its Norton/Wise/Burkes Garden. They all average about 52 inches a year.

Anyone know the snowiest town in North Carolina? I dont mean a mountain top like Grandfather or Beech or Mt Mitchell. ..LOL  Would it be Banner Elk?

I know in Virginia its Norton/Wise/Burkes Garden. They all average about 52 inches a year.

I'll put in a vote for Newland...been through there on several occasions and it snows in Newland and does not snow anywhere else.

Looking for some flakes here...it should happen. I might drive 90seconds up my road and take a picture of the mountains...if it is not cloudy. I noticed today the sheets of snow blowing up there...with partly sunny skies here.

Here is my view from the road in the Fall...may be able to get a little closer than this tho. Plus leaves are gone this time of year.

75632_413027855418307_243483307_n.jpg

Archived