• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Martin Luther King Day flizzard observation thread

IsentropicLift

Actually Ed I'm about a half a mile ESE of where you put the dot and since about 4:45 PM we had light to occasionaly moderate snow...that seems to have ended in the last few minutes.  No great accumulation...about 0.3"...but every little bit helps.  For a long time this afternoon it was dry here after some flurries at around 2 PM. 

I'm still home, but I'm heading about 2 miles SE of here in a short while and I think I may find a coating there.  Hopefully we can get a decent batch of crumbs later.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not going to. Just won't snow here.

Its not going to. Just won't snow here.

Chill Radar is filling in the NW NJ , that`s you`re snow , there are gaps in the radar , so it just takes time to see if the precip is back building

..as of 630pm..got 1.6" on the ground in eastport...best all year.(pretty sad)

Good for you Tim, I'm glad to hear it. 

You Suffolk county guys , when you  look at the Upton return , you can see precip building from the south,  Then jump on the MT Holly return and see that arc in NW NJ ,  you guys may snow hard if you can get those 2 bands to converge over you , before heading east . Somewhat of a potential deformation band forming to my eye , but its gona be like threading a needle .

You Suffolk county guys , when you  look at the Upton return , you can see precip building from the south,  Then jump on the MT Holly return and see that arc in NW NJ ,  you guys may snow hard if you can get those 2 bands to converge over you , before heading east . Somewhat of a potential deformation band forming to my eye , but its gona be like threading a needle .

I like the look of the radar from where I'm sitting. Snow died down for a brief bit, but seems to be picking back up again now. Radar looks like its filling in a bit too. I've already seen more than I thought I would.

Archived