• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Martin Luther King Day flizzard observation thread

IsentropicLift

That band also appears to be spreading north as well.

I don't know.  Other than a weakening snowshower along the north shore to my west (probably light), if you draw a line from Massapequa to Mt Sinai all of the good stuff is filling in to the south and east of that line.  North of it, we may be left waiting for crumbs like the Jersey posters are already talking about.

Just a few lonely flakes floating past the snow light every few seconds here.  Temp is 30.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far it looks like NWS called it right this morning sticking with a "showery" forecast.  I just hope the snowshowers don't keep missing to the south like this latest one did.  For reference, my loc in red and William's in yellow:

They took showery out of there latest AFD  and replaced it with Stratiform .

Im just missing the band to the east. South Shore Nassau screw zone in effect! To far south to far west famous words here!

I was in the same boat earlier. But I've been under a moderate band for about 45 mins now and already nearing an inch. You'll have another chance later. The radar is filling in very quickly north of DC.

5:16pm Upton radar image does show it crawling northward. You might get this band I'm in now. Nice jumbo flakes and coming down almost at a mod clip.

A half hour later and I'm still not feeling the love here.  Radar to the south looks great; ISP must be getting pounded at the moment but 12 miles to your NNE, we've got nada; just very light flurries.

That band looks to have me in its cross hairs. Oh the anticipation. I'd love to pull an inch out of that. The cold days ahead will surely make it look like winter around here if it comes to fruition.

If the latest GFS is correct, this band will continue expanding and you'll probably see a few hours of some decent intensity snows. I think you'll get an inch out of it.

Some yellow 30 dbz specks in the band now. Will be interesting to see how well I do here.

So far it looks like NWS called it right this morning sticking with a "showery" forecast.  I just hope the snowshowers don't keep missing to the south like this latest one did.  For reference, my loc in red and William's in yellow:

Actually Ed I'm about a half a mile ESE of where you put the dot and since about 4:45 PM we had light to occasionaly moderate snow...that seems to have ended in the last few minutes.  No great accumulation...about 0.3"...but every little bit helps.  For a long time this afternoon it was dry here after some flurries at around 2 PM. 

If the latest GFS is correct, this band will continue expanding and you'll probably see a few hours of some decent intensity snows. I think you'll get an inch out of it.

Some yellow 30 dbz specks in the band now. Will be interesting to see how well I do here.

Yeh I saw that on 18z. its giving .1 + . If you get near that in SE PA, most of us southwest of NYC should be good for an inch.

Archived