e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Flaking Our Way Into MLK Weekend 1/17-1/18

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this NAM is a step back but it's the NAM, it blows with small placements of s/w features.  Will await the others.

SREF is eye opening, cannot remember the last time I had probs for 8 and 12...lol

Off to do errands, can someone keep us up to date on the RGEM and GFS on this thread?  I won't be back until 1130 but will be reading :)

Similar to 12/29 with respect to s/w intensification issues on guidance. Only difference is this storm has strong incoming CAA to contend with.

I could see the cape doing well. NW of 95 will be tough IMO.

No chance here on this one, I am watching all the pieces rounding the PV

We'll see what the GFS does, but it really can only go so far NW.

Scott, perhaps a stupid question but are some models showing an IVT back towards the low over the lakes, is thats whats causing the light snows all the way back here?  A few nam runs seem to hint at a weak one, or maybe its just the arctic boundary?

Scott, perhaps a stupid question but are some models showing an IVT back towards the low over the lakes, is thats whats causing the light snows all the way back here?  A few nam runs seem to hint at a weak one, or maybe its just the arctic boundary?

No Inverted trough. Basically the snowshield is allowed to bend back a bit and that's what models are doing. But like I said..this really can only go so far. I wouldn't get your hopes up in BDR.

We'll see what the GFS does, but it really can only go so far NW.

I despise the srefs like Seinfeld hated Newman. I feel like they are yesterday's news. Normally I'd say the nam is onto the new trend but this is so finite and the nam so terrible at s/w placement I'm waiting for the gfs and rgem.

The only way it becomes a bigger deal is with an earlier phase. The energy out by Chicago this run turns east causing a slightly later phase hence the slight shift se. Could just be the nam stinking, but if the gfs does the same I think we can conclude the srefs were a little behind. If the gfs stays along the earlier course toss the nam.

I think it can come far enough NW to smoke se New England. But it has work to do. Like I said slight weenie deflation on the 12z nam for me

Archived