12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Flaking Our Way Into MLK Weekend 1/17-1/18

Clinch Leatherwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should be good, starts off as a fish storm off SC for the 15/00Z runs so maybe it will be rain just to the pike this time around. lol

Not feeling this one, but I'd love to be wrong.

Outside shot now, but we probably needed a place for what I think will be a decent storm south of DC regardless.  I think we're going to have something bigger to watch, but most all guidance says it's close, but not there yet.

It wouldn't take too many changes like we saw tonight though to bring it north and as we saw with the systems tonight and Wednesday....they did move north quite a bit inside of 96 hours.

Strong signal for OES snows at least on the 18th, on that Friday before the moderation of temperatures this weekend.  -10C 850mb temps encompass the waters north of Cape Cod, MA for around a delta t of 14-15C.  Some extreme differentials could bring a band of snow over the Outer Cape Cod, MA region, east opf HYA.

I haven't given up on this yet only because I think we're a day away from the models resolving the big northern impulse.  Time will tell.....probably nothing.  I don't think this one would be the step approach though like Wednesdays event.  I think this one is either going to just slam north on a model run, or continue into the abyss.

EC ens mean has light QPF making it NW to the Cape and Islands. 00z was dry all the way to the benchmark.

Cool to be honest not looking that closely...kind of feel like the models will need to resolve this first wave tonight (and finishing moving the energy in the tail east) before they lock in.

I think it's a cape scraper as of now.

(Plus it only snows at home when I'm not here now)...we have family friends from London staying at the house over the holiday weekend...time to go skiing :)

Cool to be honest not looking that closely...kind of feel like the models will need to resolve this first wave tonight (and finishing moving the energy in the tail east) before they lock in.

I think it's a cape scraper as of now.

(Plus it only snows at home when I'm not here now)...we have family friends from London staying at the house over the holiday weekend...time to go skiing :)

Big bump north on the GFS for you SE MA guys. Still a whiff, just a closer whiff. ;)

SREFs actually have 55% probs of an 1" and 15-20% probs of 4" for the cape Thursday night. For 2.5 days away that would be a really strong signal...but it has no support. 

If this storm comes back north the SREF deserves some credit, the last few runs have really flagged the potential.

Heh...at 36 hrs...heh.  It may go wrong after 36, but it's pretty friggin' sweet in terms of potential.

I thought this thread was a joke at first.

Come on guys...you aren't Atlanta...act like you've been there lol.

I just can't see it.  The NAM has lower skill than any of the globals outside 24 hours.

The SREFs have it too...lol.

:weenie:

But seriously, it might have a 5% chance, but its silly to completely rule it out 2.5-3 days away. Even on the gfs it isn't THAT far from something.

I thought this thread was a joke at first.

Come on guys...you aren't Atlanta...act like you've been there lol.

I just can't see it.  The NAM has lower skill than any of the globals outside 24 hours.

This is a potential bomb on the NAM OSU.  At various times over the last week just about every operational model developed this low.  It's coming out of Mexico and the deep SW, two areas that over the years are poorly modeled.  I suspect we see this trend continue in the other models tonight. 

This is very close to a major east coast storm (On the NAM)

And I might add 48 or so hours ago this event that now will extend into NH and ME was a total miss even in SNE.

Archived