• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19th-20 Storm Thread II

Baroclinic Zone

12z GEFS means look good as well. Confidence continues to increase in a potential winter storm. I will like to see the consistency we are starting to see in the EURO with the GFS/CMC/UKMET before confidence becomes quite high.

Consistency in the euro? NO model has been consistent.. last 12z the euro hit Bermuda

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that breaks that way we get 3.5 straight days of snow -

So, tell me how data assimilation over the Pacific isn’t problematic, and how incorporating that into one's forecast philosophy is a fallacy again - please.

These jet dynamics are coming aboard 00z and 12z and boom. Yet again, system morphologies when the ingest samples the deep layer directly.

that makes no sense. it would only make sense if guidance had consistently shown a weak storm. there's been signals on every piece of output of a major low off the east coast. it's just been placement that's been in question. the ec OTS runs were still massive bombs.

If the Euro verified, that would absolutely destroy the central hills and E slopes of the Berks because of the 050 to 060 wind direction. Unfortunately it would bring a CF west and start screwing some of the coastline.

Thankfully where it stalls we wind up getting a sick CCB that should destroy the valley. Now we just need to get it to happen :)

If the Euro verified, that would absolutely destroy the central hills and E slopes of the Berks because of the 050 to 060 wind direction. Unfortunately it would bring a CF west and start screwing some of the coastline.

Sorry For IMBY but how does MHT do on the euro? Should I worry about mixing?

This has got to be killing Ray ... an advertised KU under 100 hours and the poor sob can't even get login and weenie out with all of us. Yet another way that 2010 is putting his balls into a vise.

Why can't he log in?

Firewall issues?

I've got the absolute stingiest firewall here at work, but I can still get on.

If this storm verifies Sunday evening, I think everyone needs to give the GFS an award. Even though there have been runs where it flopped a little, it has this thing 4-5 days ago or longer. It took the Euro until early this morning/late last night to pick up on it. Cheers GFS, you are still my favorite.

You can make the opposite case. Euro over and over said out to sea. GFS caved. Euro said game on, GFS caved a day later. Euro had this in the d8 range as a huge storm fwiw.

Archived