Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2013 Southeast Tropical Storm Thread

jburns

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it seem to be shifting more easterly?     I hope it speeds up a lot.  We are moving and packing our u-haul tomorrow.  That will be fun. 

The current speed and forecast will have it out of here by late afternoon tomorrow and I suspect the worse will be early morning into midday once the center gets north of us it will shut off pretty quick rain wise. 

Seems the models have come slightly west over the last 24 hours. It's not looking very good anyway you look at it.  :yikes:

I have no context in which to evaluate this statement.  What does the bolded statement even mean?  Where is your location?  Does it look bad because you won't get any rainfall?  Does it look bad because you are going to get too much rainfall?  Are you fearful of flooding or of drought?  How about some clarification?

I have no context in which to evaluate this statement.  What does the bolded statement even mean?  Where is your location?  Does it look bad because you won't get any rainfall?  Does it look bad because you are going to get too much rainfall?  Are you fearful of flooding or of drought?  How about some clarification?

Near the coast of South Carolina. Look like were going to get a lot of rain from Andrea in the next 3-5 day span of when she hits. Sorry I didn't clarify, I'm new to this. 

Near the coast of South Carolina. Look like were going to get a lot of rain from Andrea in the next 3-5 day span of when she hits. Sorry I didn't clarify, I'm new to this. 

Being that this is a weather board etc most of us go to the settings page in our profiles and turn on weather obs and location so we can get a idea where we are all at. Otherwise obs you post etc are kinda hard to get a read on since we have no idea where you are....

The biggest threat in the next few hours should be tornados from bands of storms forming off the east coast and coming ashore in GA and southern SC......and the band crossing north central Florida although it appears to be pretty tame at the moment.

A minimal tropical storm with 65mph winds ? That's a strong tropical storm and impressive for early June. I don't think anyone thought it would get to 65mph. It'll be more exciting then just plain heavy rain all day.

In all fairness the highest gust I have found anywhere is 49 knts.....which is 56 mph and that was Cedar Key, Fl..... so if you think you are gonna see anything over 50 you will be disappointed. 

In all fairness the highest gust I have found anywhere is 49 knts.....which is 56 mph and that was Cedar Key, Fl..... so if you think you are gonna see anything over 50 you will be disappointed.

I'm disappointed. Summertime thunderstorms are stronger than that. lol Oh well, it's just the first of the season. :D

Yeah you were right. Winds still haven't picked up yet. I doubt we even get up to tropical storm force.

During tropical storm beryl, it was windy the entire storm. Had tropical storm force gusts in the outer bands. This storm has no wind anywhere but down in SW FL and I guess near the center and with the strong thunderstorms.

It's raining good here. Even though the forecast is for it still to be a 45mph storm when it moves through here, I doubt there'll be many reports of winds that high, outside of any thunderstorms that pop. There might be some gusts in the 30s, but I don't anticipate general strong winds around here.

Good for you! I hope you'll go outside and experience it, just watch out for the swimming pythons if it gets floody.

I might actually get some rain out of it too, if Macon will let go of the strangle hold it has on the bands. Waiting...waiting.... T

You win again for being the closest to the first named storm guess. You won last year also. Can you tell us where the next storm will be?

You win again for being the closest to the first named storm guess. You won last year also. Can you tell us where the next storm will be?

I don't know if I want to go there.  I'm retired now, and doing my thing, all day every day, and if I start nailing storms the Hurricane Center will come calling...and I just don't want to work any more :)  And anyway, it brought me bad luck rain wise.  I've been watching the waves eroding away, like a receding tide all evening. I only have 1.6 now for 24 hours.  Looks like you can put a nail in your drought now, for sure.

I think it will be later than we think before we get a full fledged hurricane...after the 20th anyway...maybe all the way to July 2nd. I might go with the 2nd.  I'll have to cogitate on it. Probably Atlantic, Bermuda triangle, but could be working off south America in the gulf.

Lol, dang, I just set off my own BS meter alarm :) 

Don't like the way that blob off to my west is drying up...I was counting on that after seeing the shield down to the southeast eroding. Tony

Archived