• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2013 Southeast Tropical Storm Thread

jburns

Niether did the euro. If it was up to the euro and nam this would have ended up in south texas as a weak tropical wave. Really thats the only reason why karen was picked up was bc the gfs. A vertically stacked storm.

The NAM is trash. The Euro actually was consistently showing a weak area of low pressure moving into LA. Look at satellite now and the Euro has nailed that. If you just saw what TWC just showed you would see that this was a big win for the euro. TWC showed the forecast for what the models were showing for today on Thursday. GFS was showing a hurricane and Euro has what we have now with Karen. And no the storm was not vertically stacked. Convection and MLC has always been to the east of the LLC.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't shoot the messenger , but Karl Parker and the hurricane guy were on this AM touting the euro again. Specifically, the strength. They said since Thursdays model run, the euro had the weak barely tropical storm coming onshore about Nee Orleans, and GFS , had a minimal hurricane at about Mobile! I was just watching to see snow pics from the west, and they wouldn't shut up about the 40 MPH Karen, how poorly organized, blah, blah

After easily giving it to the gfs earlier (based on Karen's early life...I'm never going to back down from this assessment), I'm now calling it about a tie overall for Karen assuming she doesn't suddenly get her act together. The gfs clearly won early on and the Euro later assuming no surprising regeneration and turn to the NE since it had her going into SW LA. Overall, the Euro has done much better in the Gulf with the three Caribbean invests that I've been following since Aug including Karen and the two that never became a TD. I'm calling it 2.5 for Euro to 0.5 for gfs as of now.

Goof's giving me an inch of rain...maybe more...and that's all I care about..some salve for this returning drought in the cursed lands.  Go Big Goofy!!  Go!!!! 

And, of course, after the next few days, right back into the drought dumper..... Drought?  What drought, you say?  A bit over 2 inches since 19 Aug, ain't near enough!  T

The NHC has a depression sitting right over my garage at 1pm Monday.  Thank goodness the rest of my house is to the left so I don't have to worry about tornados.

Well now at 1pm Monday it is forecast to be just south of Pensacola. My garage is saved!  lol

• 2 weeks later...

With such a quiet hurricane season so far in the Atlantic and the Pacific just the opposite with a very active year I think we could be in for some late season hurricanes...possibly November....I really like southern Florida for a late season hurricane....don't give up just yet there's still time left

With such a quiet hurricane season so far in the Atlantic and the Pacific just the opposite with a very active year I think we could be in for some late season hurricanes...possibly November....I really like southern Florida for a late season hurricane....don't give up just yet there's still time left

The East Pacific has not had a major cane yet. All wimpy storms besides Henriette. Manuel was destructive but other than that, no better than the Atlantic. The West Pacific has been on fire though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived