• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2013 Southeast Tropical Storm Thread

jburns

I'll be honest, as an admirer of unusual phenomena and unconventional tropical cyclones, I'll take way-out-of-season, cold-core tropical cyclogenesis over a normal ol' boring Cape Verde storm any day. The weird ones are the most fascinating ones! So I'll be watching the Atlantic through the rest of the winter into spring because I can. Who knows when Abednego will develop?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, so you think Anushka will form around June 30th, but you didn't say where.  Since this is a long, long, long lead prediction the analysts at Pearce Waterhorse have kindly allowed you to pick your formation spot late, but insist on an actual date.

I'm on record saying Allison/Andrea will form on D Day, in the Carrib,  and Candyman has also made a prediction, but I can't remember what it is.

So...Burns, if this is a genuwine thread, you need to clean it up a bit, and also designate what kind of prize you are offering.  MIght I suggest an expense paid cruise to North Pole in early August, followed by a long ski weekend in the Alps come Jan.  T

Sure can. But we usually end up with a separate thread for each storm. I'll change it if the mob agrees.

Wilkes is gone. He created every thread last year for the separate storms. This year we can just keep one big thread for to discuss all storms, unless you want to create one for every storm.

00Z CMC had a hurricane making landfall in FL. FWIW CMC was the first model to pick up on the development of tropical storm Alvin. No other model had development in that region. 00z GFS showed nearly the same thing, just a tad east and a much slower solution with the FL fantasy storm.

Wilkes is gone. He created every thread last year for the separate storms. This year we can just keep one big thread for to discuss all storms, unless you want to create one for every storm.

And I want to discuss tomatoes and sports too! 

By the way MetalMan..nice try.  I already had the 6th down, and you can't just pick some nebulas group of dates "around blah, blah", and expect to go on the North Pole adventure, and skiing in the Alps.  Be bold, pick a date, but not mine, as I'm taking a super model with me..not basement boy, lol.  T

And I want to discuss tomatoes and sports too!

By the way MetalMan..nice try. I already had the 6th down, and you can't just pick some nebulas group of dates "around blah, blah", and expect to go on the North Pole adventure, and skiing in the Alps. Be bold, pick a date, but not mine, as I'm taking a super model with me..not basement boy, lol. T

Ok then. June 2nd for the first named storm. :D Hey you should check the drought monitor for Georgia. It is exciting to see that. When was the last time that happened? Almost zero drought for GA and the entire SE at that. Florida's drought should be erased in the coming week with the beginning of rainy season.

Ok then. June 2nd for the first named storm. :D Hey you should check the drought monitor for Georgia. It is exciting to see that. When was the last time that happened? Almost zero drought for GA and the entire SE at that. Florida's drought should be erased in the coming week with the beginning of rainy season.

Yep, this winter turned things around, for sure.  But I was having drought just yesterday, before last nights rain :)  Any time I see more than a few days without rain, I get freaked out, lol.  When I'm 30 inches over average, I'll relax a bit.  I just hope the hurri blasters come knocking over and over, and drop a ton of the liquid gold each time.  Heck, we might even get you some weather to experience, lol. 

Good choice with the 2nd.  You know I won the first storm challenge last year, so you are up against it.  But you did win the recent contest with rules no one can understand, so it appears we have a battle of the Titans at hand!!!  I'll be sad for you when Burns sends me the winnings, lol. T

Add one vote to the "keep one main thread" category and then we can branch off into seperate threads when necessary.

I think I am going to favor a slow June, maybe Andrea forms last 10 days of the month. My hunch is that she will form off some boundary in the Eastern GOM or off the East Coast of Florida.

Yep, this winter turned things around, for sure. But I was having drought just yesterday, before last nights rain :) Any time I see more than a few days without rain, I get freaked out, lol. When I'm 30 inches over average, I'll relax a bit. I just hope the hurri blasters come knocking over and over, and drop a ton of the liquid gold each time. Heck, we might even get you some weather to experience, lol.

Good choice with the 2nd. You know I won the first storm challenge last year, so you are up against it. But you did win the recent contest with rules no one can understand, so it appears we have a battle of the Titans at hand!!! I'll be sad for you when Burns sends me the winnings, lol. T

Yeah, I would like to experience a true tropical storm. Beryl and Debby were S with all the fun. I want something like a Fay 2008 redux and :lmao: at the second part.

Ok, the period around the end if the month and beginning of June looks interesting. GFS has been fairly persistent with the development of a tropical cyclone and taking a 1995 Allison like track. Nogaps, CMC, FIM and GFS all develop a EPAC storm that eventually dies out then crosses CA and forms a new disturbance. If something forms, it will probably be a big sloppy mess like Debby.

Archived