earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SN

31.3/30

2.5" accumulation

Winds: NE

We may have spoken too soon about the storm being a disappointment. More bands of moderate snow forming over NJ, and accumulations have picked up here in Westchester again. Temperature is down to 31F and snow is sticking to all surfaces, including plowed/salted roads. Looks like a band should consolidate over central NJ and then slowly lift northeast.

Don't get too excited. I'm under those bands and it's just a steady light snow. Have about 4" of new snow since this morning but we probably got the first 2" in the first two hours. Then it really lightened up. Probably because the energy started transfering too far offshore for my back yard. 3-5" was a good call up this way.

Don't get too excited. I'm under those bands and it's just a steady light snow. Have about 4" of new snow since this morning but we probably got the first 2" in the first two hours. Then it really lightened up. Probably because the energy started transfering too far offshore for my back yard. 3-5" was a good call up this way.

There will be a little enhancement as it heads east and mixes with the coastal energy.

That's what the euro and rgem have.

Hopefully, it's correct for NYC and east.

nice snows up here...nothing heavy but its been a constant light snow event with low visibilities. we find ourselves on the NW fringe of the deepening low so even though it looks like the radar is pulling away, it gives a jolt back to the NW every now and then. nice little system, areas to the E are getting thumped congrats to them.

Radar is certainly impressive for eastern areas and New England. Not sure how far north the heaviest bands will get though. Surface low on radar looks to be moving almost due east from around ACY. If this thing had tucked up nice and closer to the coast a lot of us would have been measuring in feet instead of inches.

Snowing in Port Jeff for the last hour; and at times, at a very good clip...but very hard to get it to stick...even in the suburbs under cover of darkness with a temp of 34 F.

Archived