Chicago Storm

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dayton set a new record high today.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH
109 PM EST FRI JAN 11 2013

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE BROKEN AT DAYTON OH...

AT 1247 PM EST TODAY...THE TEMPERATURE AT THE DAYTON INTERNATIONAL
AIRPORT REACHED 59 DEGREES. THIS SURPASSED THE OLD RECORD DAILY HIGH
TEMPERATURE FOR JANUARY 11TH OF 58 DEGREES...SET IN 1911.

THE TEMPERATURE MAY STILL RISE A BIT THROUGH THE REST OF THIS
AFTERNOON. THIS INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED LATER TODAY ONCE THE
FINAL HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR TODAY HAS BEEN REACHED.

Sickening day. Snow is completely gone except for piles. Was shocked that I picked up 0.94" of rain overnight. It actually soaked right into the leftover snow rather than wash it away as temps were in the 30s. Soaring temps into the 50s are what took care of the snow. This will only help to spread the flu around too. Makes me want a cold, rainy spring just to spite all the people who want this weather now :lol:

Extended looks cold...just hoping we can get SOME snow back with the lakes/clippers. Model qpf is low but it always is far-out in situations that involve lake effect or lake enhancement.

Finally got my car out of the driveway! Had to remove some ice from the driveway by hand (with the tool I use to get snow off the car, lol) but it was pretty easy at these temps, was wearing a t-shirt while doing it.

Going to work is so much easier now, walking is a waste of time.

Dense fog has already developed and it's getting thicker by the hour, <1/4 mile visibility at MSN. Up to 41 F

made 50 this am at the airport.  

Pretty crappy way to run a torch.. didn't really get one enjoyable day out of it.

O, that's when the high was!

It would be a different story if was sunny today. Mild days during the winter are usually cloudy.

Kinda warm today for 1/11 (+25 departure):

RECORD EVENT REPORT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA206 PM EST FRI JAN 11 2013...RECORD HIGH BROKEN AT FORT WAYNE...THE HIGH TEMPERATURE SO FAR TODAY AT FORT WAYNE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT HAS BEEN 57 DEGREES. THIS SETS A RECORD HIGH FOR JANUARY 11TH. THE OLD RECORD HIGH FOR THIS DATE WAS 56 SET IN 1975. THE TEMPERATURE MAY RISE ANOTHER DEGREE OR TWO THIS AFTERNOON. AN UPDATED RECORD EVENT REPORT WILL BE ISSUED ONCE THE HIGH IS ESTABLISHED FOR THE DAY.  

Archived