northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 2013 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why would anyone go to FL when you can go somewhere awesome in Mexico for less money, eat better and have more fun?

Wife and I totally agree with you..  She just loves all those stupid overpriced parks down in florida plus she is a warminista.  Wife is going to Mexico with friends this march.

that PV is strong as hell....dancing around just north of the border,  laying down, turning over, bundling up, doing flips, splitting pieces off and sending them east....

with that ridge out west what's keeping  that bad boy from dropping more south across the border?   I have a feeling after about 10 dry seasonably cold days, thePV is going to weaken as the westcoast ridge breaks down,  the southeast ridge starts flexing , and the first big storm to finally evolve in weeks will be a bowme or mke special.

followed by minor cold shot/period first week in FEB...then winter ends......

that's my story and I'm stick'n to it

that PV is strong as hell....dancing around just north of the border,  laying down, turning over, bundling up, doing flips, splitting pieces off and sending them east....

with that ridge out west what's keeping  that bad boy from dropping more south across the border?   I have a feeling after about 10 dry seasonably cold days, thePV is going to weaken as the westcoast ridge breaks down,  the southeast ridge starts flexing , and the first big storm to finally evolve in weeks will be a bowme or mke special.

decent call

Wife and I totally agree with you..  She just loves all those stupid overpriced parks down in florida plus she is a warminista.  Wife is going to Mexico with friends this march.

My wife's idea of heaven:  Spending eternity on a tropical beach with nothing but sunglasses, a hat, free-flowing alcohol, and an endless supply of good books.   

Meanwhile I can only take the beach in one hour intervals....more if I also have the free-flowing alcohol option.

why would anyone go to FL when you can go somewhere awesome in Mexico for less money, eat better and have more fun?

Just have to stay pent up in a resort to avoid getting put in a gladiator ring.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2003743/Mexican-drug-cartels-force-kidnap-victims-fight-death-gladiator-style-contests.html

My wife's idea of heaven:  Spending eternity on a tropical beach with nothing but sunglasses, a hat, free-flowing alcohol, and an endless supply of good books.   

Meanwhile I can only take the beach in one hour intervals....more if I also have the free-flowing alcohol option.

I'm a big warm weather climate fan in the month of April.

Wife and I totally agree with you.. She just loves all those stupid overpriced parks down in florida plus she is a warminista. Wife is going to Mexico with friends this march.

The day I finally take you chasing, your wife is coming with.

Josh,

It may not feel like it, but Michigan has seen more snow this decade than the past 4

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2013/01/michigan_gets_more_snow_now_th.html#incart_river_default

Nice. And some joker tried saying it doesnt snow like it did in the 1990s LOL. You just cannot match the weather ignorance of the general public with anything rlse.

that PV is strong as hell....dancing around just north of the border, laying down, turning over, bundling up, doing flips, splitting pieces off and sending them east....

with that ridge out west what's keeping that bad boy from dropping more south across the border? I have a feeling after about 10 dry seasonably cold days, thePV is going to weaken as the westcoast ridge breaks down, the southeast ridge starts flexing , and the first big storm to finally evolve in weeks will be a bowme or mke special.

Payment for last morch will be below normal temps from feb-apr. Not gonna guess how much snow will fall but the chances will last into April. Thatd MY story and im stickin to it ;-)

38 F and rain in Madison, glacier slowly melting off, 8" thick now.

Looks like most of the heavier rain will fall down this way. It would be something if you still have an inch or more come Saturday morning!

4km NAM keeps it in the upper 40s here tomorrow, lower 40s for Madison.

I guess I'm feeling a little more positive about the latter half of the month.  Models are trending more towards the chunk of bitter cold just north of the border setting up shop.  More of a zonal setup rather than strong positive PNA.  Enhanced zonal baroclinic zone right across the middle of the US could lead to multiple snowstorms.  It's just that the threat of rain or mixed precip will be there as well depending on where the storm track sets up.  I'll take that kind of pattern over a major arctic outbreak suppressing everything south though.

I guess I'm feeling a little more positive about the latter half of the month. Models are trending more towards the chunk of bitter cold just north of the border setting up shop. More of a zonal setup rather than strong positive PNA. Enhanced zonal baroclinic zone right across the middle of the US could lead to multiple snowstorms. It's just that the threat of rain or mixed precip will be there as well depending on where the storm track sets up. I'll take that kind of pattern over a major arctic outbreak suppressing everything south though.

Hopefully there will be multiple storms to track. I wish there was more activity showing up in fantasy range...

Looks like most of the heavier rain will fall down this way. It would be something if you still have an inch or more come Saturday morning!

4km NAM keeps it in the upper 40s here tomorrow, lower 40s for Madison.

I wouldn't be surprised if it survives, might be the most solid ice pack I've seen and the rain isn't exactly warm, only 36 F now. This cold rain might just compress it into an even tougher layer. Also not much sun expected during the period of time it's above freezing.

Archived