joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm obs snow/ice/rain/wind 12/26/12

Allsnow

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some decently wintry scenes from Dobbs Ferry tonight although I think the 12/30 storm is going to kick off the really cold/wintry period here:

post-475-0-16668000-1356572257_thumb.jpg

post-475-0-94449800-1356572264_thumb.jpg

Still a bit of sleet and flakes mixing in but it's 95% rain outside now. 33/32 with ENE winds at the moment. 850s and 925s are below 0C so the final heavy band could have some mischief, but it's probably just a nasty mix at best, if not all rain.

I am at around 80/20 snow in HL

Nasty out

Almost 100% very heavy sleet in the Crystal Springs Community in Hardyston, NJ. Nice to see all the NW NJ posters from Wantage, Sussex, Highland Lakes, Byram, Allamuchy, Pompton Lakes, Sparta and across the state line in Middletown NY. We are in a different weather zone here than closer to NYC.

Almost 100% very heavy sleet in the Crystal Springs Community in Hardyston, NJ. Nice to see all the NW NJ posters from Wantage, Sussex, Highland Lakes, Byram, Allamuchy, Pompton Lakes, Sparta and across the state line in Middletown NY. We are in a different weather zone here than closer to NYC.

Agreed. Markedly different climatology, especially thanks to elevation. Ripping sleet here... Pinging off of everything --- probably about 4 total inches of snow/sleet at this point.

Yeah I agree.. You guys should drop by the Hudson Valley sub forum as well since our climate is very similar..

My employer does our 2X a year manager/team bulding meetings at crystal springs.

Kick ass wine collection at that resort.

ps ripping big flakes of snow now

Archived