mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
December 26 - 27 Winter Storm III

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting NAM...seems like slightly less QPF from the deformation shield, but the trowal eventually extends further west compared to the 18Z run, giving the thumb region more QPF than areas near the OH border, given the trowal hangs on longest there.

Probably getting a lil help from Huron as well. That and there is a very decent connection to Atlantic moisture..

The 0z Nam was fairly encouraging to say the least following quite perfectly in line with the current obs. Depending what the 0z RGEM shows and 0z GFS I think I can finally make a conclusion for my area. Hmm...hey canuck the 0z Nam showed 40-50cm LOL. I don't have the access but would someone tell me what the current pressure reading is? Thanks!

Interesting NAM...seems like slightly less QPF from the deformation shield, but the trowal eventually extends further west compared to the 18Z run, giving the thumb region more QPF than areas near the OH border, given the trowal hangs on longest there.

I'm going to monitor this for a Thumb chase... Might have to head over there Thursday Morning to do this.

The 0z Nam was fairly encouraging to say the least following quite perfectly in line with the current obs. Depending what the 0z RGEM shows and 0z GFS I think I can finally make a conclusion for my area. Hmm...hey canuck the 0z Nam showed 40-50cm LOL. I don't have the access but would someone tell me what the current pressure reading is? Thanks!

It's 998 in northern MS. And I'll be bumping my numbers pending the output from those models. Don't think I have to wait for the EURO.

It's 998 in northern MS. And I'll be bumping my numbers pending the output from those models. Don't think I have to wait for the EURO.

. Alright thanks Canuck, seems inline with the Nam. And yess, based on the trends, I agree with you. I would like to see the RGEM though, lol. Any current preliminary thoughts?

storm track says no way this much snow falls NW into ontario

the NAM and SREF and even the euro to some degree have the precip pretty amped up through ontario and eastern ontario with a very impressive trowal and deformation snows.

im skeptical....but those 3 on the same page is encouraging.

Yeah, I was incredulous as well. Although, with the models becoming more amenable to the idea of the UL going north (or at least along) the Ohio River, I've started to entertain the idea of higher totals. Definitely not thinking 12-18" NAM numbers though. :lol:

We need to move to IND. If they get 10" with this one it will be their second 10" in about 4 years. Meanwhile LAF has zero in that timeframe.

:lmao:

Check out the 4km NAM radar reflectivity. 35-40dbz just to our south at 13z, and then poof on the next frame. Not that I buy it, but it's a real pisser.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NAMSFC4_0z/rad14.html

Archived