12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 26 - 27 Winter Storm III

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's pretty apparent that the storms in the south are robbing moisture from the northern part of the storm...

If that's the case, which it looks to be on radar, we're going to have to call this the "Grinch Storm". First of all, it's just not right to have a tornado outbreak on Christmas Day, even if it is in the Deep South where they are used to tracking severe weather in the winter, but now that same outbreak robs moisture from the cold sector? What a darn shame for those who have a shot at winter weather. Even storm chasers should realize this is just not right.

I think it's pretty apparent that the storms in the south are robbing moisture from the northern part of the storm...

There is a pretty good moisture feed coming in from the gulf and the Atlantic. You need to wait and watch. This storm is wrapping enough moisture around. Its a healthy low right now and gaining muster.

These situation's almost always end up NW of the models, even at this stage. The models have already been playing catch up to the H5 vort slowing/being North of progged from earlier.

This will likely result in a track a bit NW of progged with stronger/deeper moisture transport back into the CCB.

Flurried already 50 miles South of STL

These situation's almost always end up NW of the models, even at this stage. The models have already been playing catch up to the H5 vort slowing/being North of progged from earlier.

This will likely result in a track a bit NW of progged with stronger/deeper moisture transport back into the CCB.

Flurried already 50 miles South of STL

Hopefully you can sneak in more than an inch! Band 60 miles from downtown St. Louis.

If there are moisture intercept problems, certainly isn't affecting the defo band. Ripping in Arkansas.

My guess is he saw the pretty orange and red returns from the convection down south and then only the boring green in the deform band...and deducted moisture robbage from that.

My guess is he saw the pretty orange and red returns from the convection down south and then only the boring green in the deform band...and deducted moisture robbage from that.

Take a look at the this radar from LMK (http://radar.weather...101111&loop=yes) I do think that some moisture is being robbed...even if only a little...

Called it

Archived