• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 26 - 27 Winter Storm III

snowstormcanuck

Dont usually check out the 4k NAM...but LOL its totals are insane. Has a blob of 1.75"+ over Detroit, 2"+ over St Clair county, and jackpots of 3"+ near Toronto :lol:

Link?, because not seeing those insane totals, not that they matter. Just curious where you're seeing this. lol

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice feeling sitting in the bullseye right now (and for the past several days) but I'm just waiting for something to screw it up tomorrow. Regardless of what does fall, I will be thankful for my blizzard birthday present.

How did the euro do with the snowfall for Arkansas?

RGEM wetter, but that's not saying much, considering how dry it was. Absolutely nothing like the NAM. Looks like about 10mm by 12z Thursday here at YYZ.

Either this storm will be a dud, or it will be a huge surprise for the people of Toronto. I well remember the December 10-11,1992 storm. On the morning of December 10, 15-20cm (6-8") of snow was being forecast for Toronto. We ended up with 34cm (14") at Pearson and 40cm (16") at Buttonville. Unreal. I was in Grade 7 and we got a snow day out of it, the only one of my Elementary School years.

Either this storm will be a dud, or it will be a huge surprise for the people of Toronto. I well remember the December 10-11,1992 storm. On the morning of December 10, 15-20cm (6-8") of snow was being forecast for Toronto. We ended up with 34cm (14") at Pearson and 40cm (16") at Buttonville. Unreal. I was in Grade 7 and we got a snow day out of it, the only one of my Elementary School years.

If the RGEM verifies and we get 4-5", this storm was not a dud. Please make sure a few psychopathic NAM runs don't cloud your assessment.

:lmao:

Check out the 4km NAM radar reflectivity. 35-40dbz just to our south at 13z, and then poof on the next frame. Not that I buy it, but it's a real pisser.

http://www.meteo.psu...4_0z/rad14.html

Interesting to see that by 24z there is 20-25dbz returns all the up to Blackrock!

20 dbz returns back into Chicago as well!

I think this storm is going to pull a few good surprises.

Toronto prediction: 25cm (~10") +/- 1cm.

Archived