12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 26 - 27 Winter Storm III

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IND did trim back the snowfall totals expected across most zones. Will be interesting to see exactly where the biggest snows fall across Indiana..

I noticed that as well. I wouldn't look into this too much though. A lot of time shift changes from one forecaster to another will cause these small changes simply due to forecaster bias.

Where/how is this apparent?

We hear this every single storm lol. Typical worries

There is a pretty good moisture feed coming in from the gulf and the Atlantic. You need to wait and watch. This storm is wrapping enough moisture around. Its a healthy low right now and gaining muster.

Yes! Finally the voice of reason. Also, if you're not convinced, then please take a look at this:

SbKhM.gif

It's apparent to me that it has a healthy moisture feed from the gulf and atlantic and it's wrapping in. No need to worry.

IND did trim back the snowfall totals expected across most zones. Will be interesting to see exactly where the biggest snows fall across Indiana..

Slashed them a bit from Indy on back west and north, for the most part. LAF went from 3-6" to 2-4". East and south look about the same...still 11-14" for Seymour. Whew.

Slashed them a bit from Indy on back west and north. East and south look about the same...still 11-14" for Seymour. Whew.

I'll ride the consistency of the Euro and go 3-4" for you guys in LAF. Hopefully the deform can wrap into there more and increase amounts. Either way you should still be in for a nice snow. :sled:

Slashed them a bit from Indy on back west and north, for the most part. LAF went from 3-6" to 2-4". East and south look about the same...still 11-14" for Seymour. Whew.

The HWO just posted still shows 3-5 for Tippecanoe County.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN

834 PM EST TUE DEC 25 2012

INZ021-028-029-035-043-270145-

CARROLL-WARREN-TIPPECANOE-FOUNTAIN-VERMILLION-

834 PM EST TUE DEC 25 2012

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR CENTRAL INDIANA.

.DAY ONE...TONIGHT.

OUTLOOK: SNOWFALL AND INCREASING WINDS.

HAZARDS: ROADS WILL BECOME SLICK AS SNOWFALL COMMENCES LATE TONIGHT.

TIMING: AFTER 5 AM EST.

DISCUSSION: SNOWFALL WILL INTENSIFY AFTER 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY

MORNING AS A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVES THROUGH THE

TENNESSEE VALLEY AND INTO CENTRAL INDIANA. TOTAL SNOW AMOUNTS OF

3 TO 5 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.

Warning text does as well. But like Mottster said, some zones had totals decreased a bit. No matter, not worth worrying about at this point.

All I was doing was pointing something out. Not saying that the storm isn't going to happen, I've got nothing else better to do than read the ZFP and see the changes.. :nerdsmiley:

Had to take a break from Farcry 3.. :lol:

The timing of this storm has been very interesting for those trying to purchase the bread and milk. With the forecast becoming worse today people didn't really stock up. Now tonight the only places that are open are gas stations and they have all sold out of what little bread and milk they carry.

It's kind of funny that folks go for the bread, milk, and eggs before a storm hits - almost as if french toast will be the only food cooked during the storm.

The timing of this storm has been very interesting for those trying to purchase the bread and milk. With the forecast becoming worse today people didn't really stock up. Now tonight the only places that are open are gas stations and they have all sold out of what little bread and milk they carry.

They should have listened to Frankie's advice before the WI storm: "Don't wait until the last minute!! Order your pizza!! Order your Chinese food!!!"

Archived